JaiKai - Full rebuild & Respray

I was thinking black but all the pipe work is going black and then the engine bay in general is also black.

I might get it powder coated chrome however the throttle bodies can't be done as they have rubber parts.

At the moment it just looks very dark so need some bling to brighten it up.

Looking good mate if it was me I'd have the plenum black probably

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The car is looking great

With the plenum I would smooth it out then get it powder coated in a lightish silver/ aluminium. I personally like how this car has reverted back to a more stock look, particularly the couloir which is not too far from midnight purple.

A silver plenum would be nice and subtle but still show the attention to detail.

Mine will go crackle black but I have a white bay.

I was thinking black but all the pipe work is going black and then the engine bay in general is also black.

I might get it powder coated chrome however the throttle bodies can't be done as they have rubber parts.

At the moment it just looks very dark so need some bling to brighten it up.

I agree Lee get it powder coated in their chrome silver and lacquered, my front water pipes and balance tube are that and look good, show no signs of cracking, etc :cool3:.

Just clean on a wire wheel your throttle bodies and linkage.

Thanks,

As many as you can give if possible, let me know what you want for them.

They can be removed if that's what you mean, they're wet installed with the window so the resin holds the clips on. They should slide off without too much drama. I have a rather large collection of glass here and I think I have a few of those Lee if you need some?

• 2 weeks later...

Also looking to get these fitted shortly but came across an issue.

Seems the new bottom rubber parts are about a cm short and don't meet up to the edge properly.

How much shorter is the quarter rubbers from a shorty ? Could it be I've the wrong ones.

Finally managed to get hold of UK quarter glass panels and today I stripped off all the old bonding and gave them a good scrub.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86223[/ATTACH]

So below is the new rubbers on the quarter glass and at first glance they look ok,

but on the old rubbers there is an extra rubbery part which is missing and there is a slight gap.

Is this simply filled up with sealant and hand moulded into shape before drying ?

2015-04-05 20.49.13.jpg

2015-04-05 20.49.24.jpg

2015-04-05 20.49.24.jpg

2015-04-05 20.49.41.jpg

She is going to look the dogs mate when she is finished, i must point out though as im anal like that lol, but from your pic of the bumper in post 310, it would seem that you still have a bit of orange peel going on, might need another colour sand and buff for that mirror finish :thumbup1:

Few more goodies arrived today.

I've bought new speaker grills and replaced the rubber for my headlights as they were looking weathered.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86486[/ATTACH]

Also got my new 99 spec inserts painted and they turned out great :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86488[/ATTACH]

Are the headlight rubbers from MJP or the US?