rear wiper removal

Think i'll ditch it, im getting rid of the Arial and as said thinking of the indicators as well. so might just do the lot lol

No offence bud, but that sounds like an awful idea, both aesthetically and legally.

I've had my rear wiper and aerial removed and it does give for a cleaner look. I was always dead-set against it until I realised I could do it without leaving the car with redundant switch gear and a rear window washer doing nothing.

Well, the rear wash squirter now has a roof mount aerial in situ...like so...

20130901_191009_zpsb3b1c27f.jpg

As for the switch gear. I have a spare pod here that I am going to use thinners on to dissolve the lettering for the rear wash pipe and where the little lever is, I'm just on the look out for an AC pod from a convertible, will probably end up getting that from the States and will just transfer over the small blanking plate.

52803.jpg

I agree it does look better without - it certainly updates the car a bit; especially with the roof-mount aerial like Si has fitted.....

......And as for the lack of wiper, most modern saloons and (high-end German) coupes don't have a rear wiper anyway! Just coat the rear window with Rain-Ex on a regular basis; or apply car wax to it, and the water will run off anyway!!

Richard:cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I agree it does look better without - it certainly updates the car a bit; especially with the roof-mount aerial like Si has fitted.....

......And as for the lack of wiper, most modern saloons and (high-end German) coupes don't have a rear wiper anyway! Just coat the rear window with Rain-Ex on a regular basis; or apply car wax to it, and the water will run off anyway!!

Richard:cool:

Or don't drive it in the rain! lol :)

I took my rear wiper of but when it came to fitting the car back up i used the get wash pipe from the rear and swaped it over cas i wanted control over my water get even if my wipers are going or not plus the front washer motor gave up yhe ghost. so until i thix that im glad that was there to use aswell otherwise no mot for me.later when ive fixed the proper motor ill poss put it back cas ive an idea to use that swith for something else.