What did you do to your zed today?

3 hours ago, Gaz 300 said:

Nice updates Richard. I still can't get my Z in the garage with the box's of stuff still needing a home.

Throw the boxes into the garden and let your Zed enjoy it's new home.... 😄 

• Haha 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Today, I took my Zed to have the full four-wheel alignment done....

It was definitely overdue - after clattering over the pot-hole ridden roads around here - but also because I had some work done on the OSF suspension leg when the MOT highlighted king-pin play a few weeks back.

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

New steering wheel fitted (recovered genuine one, looks great!) fitted some new window seals and investigated the Speedo issue and am now pretty sure it’s the speed sensor that’s the issue.

IMG_2900.jpeg

IMG_2895.jpeg

IMG_2898.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

IMG_2886.jpeg

IMG_2884.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

#1. 1993 Twin Turbo Manual LWB in black (2022 - )

• 2 weeks later...

Crashed.... 😞

Someone managed to drive into the back of my Zed this afternoon.... They were a little too quick pulling off a roundabout.

Still, the damage is only superficial - just a rear bumper respray and a tiny dent below the NS back light, so the area between the bumper and light will need painting too. Their car came off worse - but the main thing is, no-one was hurt.

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

• WoW 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

7 minutes ago, RichardS said:

Crashed.... 😞

Someone managed to drive into the back of my Zed this afternoon.... They were a little too quick pulling off a roundabout.

Still, the damage is only superficial - just a rear bumper respray and a tiny dent below the NS back light, so the area between the bumper and light will need painting too. Their car came off worse - but the main thing is, no-one was hurt.

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

Nooo!! You're handling it a lot better than I would!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Ride

11 minutes ago, sumshiftyguy said:

Nooo!! You're handling it a lot better than I would!!

I didn't mate - I am sad to admit, I almost lost it with the women driving the Focus.... I got out of the car calm(ish) enough but when she accused me of braking too hard, I really let rip.... I only backed off when she finally apologised.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RichardS said:

I didn't mate - I am sad to admit, I almost lost it with the women driving the Focus.... I got out of the car calm(ish) enough but when she accused me of braking too hard, I really let rip.... I only backed off when she finally apologised.

It's unbelievable that some people even think to try it on! Aside from the fact she rear ended you...everyone down the pub knows that's an open and shut insurance claim! lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Ride

Oh no Richhard, what a shame.

Glad it only looks minor, but save any assessment until the bumper comes off. 

Hope you manage to get it all resolved back to how it was and no insurance shenanigans. 

So many people just never accept their own mistakes, always try to shift blame. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RichardS said:

Crashed.... 😞

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

Sorry to hear this, hope the repair does OK and you don't get the same suprise I did when the bumper cam off 

20240220_144254.jpg

• WoW 1

22 hours ago, A 2X OK said:

Sorry to hear this, hope the repair does OK and you don't get the same suprise I did when the bumper cam off 

20240220_144254.jpg

Ouch!! Fortunately I had all my sills and lower panels replaced back in 2018 - all is clean below the bumper 😉 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 07:54, craig said:

Oh no Richhard, what a shame.

Glad it only looks minor, but save any assessment until the bumper comes off. 

Hope you manage to get it all resolved back to how it was and no insurance shenanigans. 

So many people just never accept their own mistakes, always try to shift blame. 

I reported it to Admiral on Friday evening - and fortunately she is also insured with Admiral, so it should not be too arduous... Hopefully!

• Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 00:02, Bones28 said:

That’s such a shame but the Zed does have a decent crash bar.

Yup - sure does.....!

Now the car is a little dirty, you'd never notice the damage 😉

Got that barsteward speed sensor out to test later!

I really hope it’s the issue but knowing my luck it’ll be fine and messed up something easier!! 😂

D9116A82-DDED-467F-AE2F-2246B940CCA7.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

• Like 1

#1. 1993 Twin Turbo Manual LWB in black (2022 - )

Nothing today (yet) as we're heading out to our local village food festival..... But yesterday, I gave my Zed a good wash, as it got a little grubby after the IoW trip.

Oh, and I took some pics for the insurance company's engineers. It'd be rude not to share a couple 😉 

IMG_5148.JPG

IMG_5149.JPG

IMG_5150.JPG

IMG_5151.JPG

• Love 3

This is my new suspension set up, I hope everything will fit.

Powertrix coils with harder and lower Swift Springs and a stance parts air cup system that will raise the car approx. 2 inches.

Power Trix Suspension + shorter Swift Springs (13).jpg

Power Trix Suspension + shorter Swift Springs (3).jpg

• Like 4

Popped into my local body shop to discuss the bumper repairs.....

......And booked it in for Tuesday May 7th. I'm just awaiting the verdict from Admiral's engineers now - they have accepted liability on the third party's behalf, so they just need to agree the repair costs.

• Like 2

As it's a nice sunny morning, I took my Zed on the Sainsbury's run - and stopped off at the local garden centre on the way home.....

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5243.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 2