1230kg wet

Nice weight save James :yes:

3,186 lb (1,445 kg) 2 seater non-turbo T-top

3,373 lb (1,530 kg) 2 seater twin-turbo T-top

3,310 lb (1,501 kg) 2 seater twin-turbo hard top

3,432 lb (1,557 kg) 2 seater convertible

3,313 lb (1,503 kg) 2+2 non-turbo T-top

3,602 lb (1,634 kg) 2+2 twin-turbo T-top

Picked up my BBS LM from the refinishers today. Had them do a mild refurb on them to make them look a little sharper and more glossy. Not the best photos in the world, but I am pretty happy with them. They managed to match the shade of silver very well to the original.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Picked up my BBS LM from the refinishers today. Had them do a mild refurb on them to make them look a little sharper and more glossy. Not the best photos in the world, but I am pretty happy with them. They managed to match the shade of silver very well to the original.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89978[/ATTACH]

Much better!

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Today, I thought I'd have a go at dying my shagpile mats black. After a couple months of unsuccessfully searching for some good condition shags in dark grey, I decided to dye the ones I have in an attempt to improve the look of the interior.

Here's the before (taken right after a good wash) :

http://rs107.pbsrc.com/albums/m315/brettgee/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16253-DSC_0109102575772.jpg~320x480

As you can see they are the lighter grey kind and to me too light for my liking.

I read somewhere that someone had successfully dyed their car mats using Dylon fabric dye that you add to your washing machine....

Well as my mats were already grey, adding a black dye can do one of only 2 things... 1. Turn them black, or 2. Turn them a darker shade of grey. Either way I think I'd be happier with them.

So I buy the dye, read the packet, then learn that a whole pack of Dylon black dye will successfully transform 1kg of fabric from white, to black. Now as I already stated, a darker shade of grey and I'd be happy so decided to whack both mats in at once even though it weighs considerably more than 1kg.

So, 2 hours in the machine on a 40 degree cycle, then a 45 minute rinse to clear excess dye from the mats, and here's the result!:

http://rs107.pbsrc.com/albums/m315/brettgee/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16253-DSC_0110986419764.jpg~320x480

They're bloody red!!

Today, I thought I'd have a go at dying my shagpile mats black. After a couple months of unsuccessfully searching for some good condition shags in dark grey, I decided to dye the ones I have in an attempt to improve the look of the interior.

Here's the before (taken right after a good wash) :

http://rs107.pbsrc.com/albums/m315/brettgee/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16253-DSC_0109102575772.jpg~320x480

As you can see they are the lighter grey kind and to me too light for my liking.

I read somewhere that someone had successfully dyed their car mats using Dylon fabric dye that you add to your washing machine....

Well as my mats were already grey, adding a black dye can do one of only 2 things... 1. Turn them black, or 2. Turn them a darker shade of grey. Either way I think I'd be happier with them.

So I buy the dye, read the packet, then learn that a whole pack of Dylon black dye will successfully transform 1kg of fabric from white, to black. Now as I already stated, a darker shade of grey and I'd be happy so decided to whack both mats in at once even though it weighs considerably more than 1kg.

So, 2 hours in the machine on a 40 degree cycle, then a 45 minute rinse to clear excess dye from the mats, and here's the result!:

http://rs107.pbsrc.com/albums/m315/brettgee/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_16253-DSC_0110986419764.jpg~320x480

They're bloody red!!

^^^^ Oooops!!!

*edit* Post #2000 from me! :biggrin:

Double Ooooops!!!