Guess what .......................Engine out again

been doing some cleaning and painting today .. De oiled/greased

Painted all external items Black and Silver .. the Main Block is going Red to match the plenum

Now i Read somewhere that its wise to Tig/weld the 2 nuts on the counter weight on the crank as these tend to come loose ... what u guys think ?

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Trade
been doing some cleaning and painting today .. De oiled/greased

Painted all external items Black and Silver .. the Main Block is going Red to match the plenum

Now i Read somewhere that its wise to Tig/weld the 2 nuts on the counter weight on the crank as these tend to come loose ... what u guys think ?

IMAG0688.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

Hi Mark,

A lot of stuff is belt n braces with these cars,unless your engine is cammed and will make crazy rev limits its pointless mate.

Untitled-1.png

thanks for that ... i did wonder just thought i ask about it

the way it was said on the page as if its quite common for them to come loose and all so some thing about drilling out the oil way hole that has the pushed in bearing

tapping it out and using a Grub screw to block the hole instead

maybe i missed it but i thought you was doing a cheap rebuild and using stock rods which you said were good for 500 now you wanna top the dyno leader board.

You will need a considerable amount more done to the engine to achieve that a set of pistons and injectors isnt going to do that.

why ... if the engine is good for that power and more ...

tubs are good for 700hp there about

Mapping and injectors to flow the fuel

why not ?

May be a little optimistic but where would get/be if we wasnt

i would like 600 (Crank) but lets see

Edited by MarkDerby

lol well i see so many claims of big power and things are good for this much and so on and so on

However i know by simply looking at specs on other zeds that are running 600+ exactly how much work you do need. Simply building a engine and chucking it in isnt going to do it.

You ask whether to use 750 or 850 injectors well things like air flow starts to come into the equation and then mapping and so on. Not just put 850 enterprise`s in and get an extra 50 brake. A bit of relaistic management and full car planning rather than just the engine is in order.

750cc injectors should be ample for 600bhp Mark,I think the cc rating is the the amount of fuel the injectors will flow for the same bhp give or take a bit. DeatschWerks injectors are frequently recommended as being reliable, closely matched and flow what the rate they should. You will have to look into whether those particular injectors require any modifications/adaptors to fit the fuel rail or whether you are better off getting a new fuel rail as well.

What is the standard crank good for power/torque wise?

i do understand what your saying

just trying to sort out what injectors will flow right for that type of Power

i know sticking the big'st injectors in there isnt going to do the job right unless other

items are sorted first

and what i have been reading/told/advised its possible

but even if its 550fwhp ... still bloody good and not to far off my target :)

i did wonder but there is a Mega saving to be had .. the only problem is all my order is from conz as Z1 are crap on there prices

way more on RRP ... and no discount what to ever ...

just trying to work out the cost ratio item plus postage z1 ...... or cost as postage is all ready done just need to speak to conz see what price

thay can do the headers for

thats a lovely chart but what does that actually mean in real life.

its the flow rate of each port on the manifolds. There are other factors but basically the higher the flow the more capacity to run more power as you are removing restictions on the gas flow in & out of the engine