flat battery

Battery went flat and alarm going off all day. Just about to fit new alternator cos bearings gone but has always charged fine. Coincidence ? Voltmeter on dash so think I would have noticed if battery was going down the night before. Anybody had same prob? Any common shorting probs ? Thanks guys

Doubt this is your problem as it's probably such an unlikely thing, but it's worth a mention in a thread about dead batteries.

If I put my (electric) passenger seat all the way back so it gets to the stops and leave it there, it kills the battery. If you listen carefully, you can hear the motor straining and stopping, straining and stopping. No idea why it does it as there's nothing caught in the runners, but as long as I bring it forward a fraction it's all fine!

Doubt this is your problem as it's probably such an unlikely thing, but it's worth a mention in a thread about dead batteries.

If I put my (electric) passenger seat all the way back so it gets to the stops and leave it there, it kills the battery. If you listen carefully, you can hear the motor straining and stopping, straining and stopping. No idea why it does it as there's nothing caught in the runners, but as long as I bring it forward a fraction it's all fine!

You must have a problem with your seat. The switch kills the power regardless of whether it's at the end of the runner or not.

You must have a problem with your seat. The switch kills the power regardless of whether it's at the end of the runner or not.

Yeah I thought so too. The switches ain't that great overall - pretty much all of them need persuading to work correctly! However, I only get this problem if the seat is all the way back...

I may have the switches apart at some point to see if I can find whats up, but it's not high on the list of priorities at the mo (unlike my bloody blowers only blowing hot, dammit) as I can fix it by bringing the seat forward a tad. Just gotta remember to do it or slap any passenger who moves my seats! hehe

Battery went flat and alarm going off all day. Just about to fit new alternator cos bearings gone but has always charged fine. Coincidence ? Voltmeter on dash so think I would have noticed if battery was going down the night before. Anybody had same prob? Any common shorting probs ? Thanks guys

Check the battery's not gassing and the connections are done up tight, after that start checking that all your relays are opening/closing properly.

I moved house last week and went to start the Zed(on the day we moved out) and gues what....fooking flat battery;1 RAC call later and the alt was tested and ok.Got it jumped and ran it for 20 mins to warm up then a 10 mile drive to the new house......Still flat at the end of this.. I wouldn't have minded too much but it had a brand new batt about two months ago;it was change FOC by the nice man at the batt shop as it was only 2 years old and under warrenty.

So it looks like this one must go back now. The Zed has been standing a bit; but still it should last longer than it has(she has had a few runs in the two months)

Any one got any thoughts...:duffer:

Marcus