Hello! I posted about this yesterday but dident get much response so I shall explain it a bit better and hope someone can answer this for me??? my car has been running lumpy for ages now when cold and I go for a drive I have to keep blipping the throttle to get any speed as it seems to hold back alot but when warm it seems to be alot better but at 2000rpm I can feel a splutter every so often. I have just checked TPS with volt meter I have ignition on and put the prong on the center green wire and the reading is 11.82v and when I put it on full throttle I get 9.44v and it should be between 0.5 - 0.45v which it aint! it goes down on full throttle? I also get a humming noise from back of engine and that fades out after half throttle. With such a strange reading is the TPS fooked? or can I adjust it? just seems strange that on full throttle the volts drop? And should there be a humming noise from back of engine?

Hope someone can help me out, this is doing my head right in! was supposed to take it to SWZ but im seriously skint so if I can do it myself I will. Might be good to mention my passenger side manifold is blowing or somewhere around there could this cause problems??

easy enough to adjust but a lot easier if you have conzult so you get a reading as you adjust thats what i did. worth a visit to swz if no one near you has conzult or datascan.

dan.:)

So thats not such a strange reading then? and an adjustment will sort it? I will have a go with volt meter at some point any ideas to the strange humming noise? I am happy for many more comments!! really need to sort this and got to MOT the zed next month!

i find most multi meters i have ever used have trouble reading such small scale volts like 0.5v etc with any degree of accuracy...try calibrating yours first on a fixed line something like a 5v line then go back and do the readings also use this link

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=83683&highlight=tps

now will you subscribe ;) :D

Multi meter is fine I had it checked by my neighbour just a min ago! Thats the link I used for adjustment!

TPS wont measure that high. You should be putting the multimeter on the middle pin of the grey connector to the TPS, not the black connector that is directly on the TPS.

I put the multimeter on green wire in the middle on black connector! if I turn tps other way I get over 14v! Im starting to wonder if its anything to do with the humming noise from back of engine at the top??

Ok so using other wire I get .366 and full throttle im getting 1.something? I presume it should be around 0.5v throttle depressed and up to 0.45v full throttle. Think shem out! will adjust again after I have picked kids up from school!

Just adjusted it to 0.43v and makes no difference to lumpy running so bit pis*sed off! thought that was the problem? So.. on the MAF sensor should I be checking the connector that plugs into the air intake or is there a connector somewhere else? any help would be great!