New engine

My stock tubs need replacing, was going to cost me £2600 for the hybrids and labour all in, but for an extra £1000, im going to be getting all this.

The spec of the engine is JWT530BB Turbos and downpipes, full unorthodox racing pulley set, Fidanza Flywheel, RPS Max street clutch, Nismo 555 injectors and wesico pistons.It will be stripped down and rebuilt again by Chris from z tech, new gaskets etc and a full service inc cam belt, head gasket, water pump etc, all parts have done less than a 1000 miles and the engine itself has only done about 50,000 miles, i'm hoping to see high 400bhp, is this a bargain?

Must confess am sceptical, rebuilt a 1000 miles ago and now has low compression, rebuild the top end, what, with new valves and lifters for the low compression ? do you know who built it in the 1st place and it comes with a receipt ?

smithy

Bottom end rebuilt a year ago, not going to be fully rebuilt, just the heads and stuff,

Based on the vague responce, am still sceptical mate. The zeds heads are not an area that are usually redone on basic rebuilds as they are seldom any trouble.

The odd lifter problem perhaps, but that's easily noticeable.

It's valves-stem seals and lifters that can be replaced, not really any "other stuff" to speak off.

If it was my money and the timescale involved between this an a drive in drive out with new hybrids, i'd go with the latter.

However, your ££ and choice mate :)

smithy

From what i understand the JWT530BB Turbos and downpipes, full unorthodox racing pulley set, Fidanza Flywheel, RPS Max street clutch, Nismo 555 injectors and wesico pistons are all brand new, (about £4000 of new parts) you are getting them for £2700 and for the extra £1000 Chris is using the parts and rebuilding you an engine and fitting it to your car and keeping your old engine as an exchange.

Based on the vague responce, am still sceptical mate. The zeds heads are not an area that are usually redone on basic rebuilds as they are seldom any trouble.

The odd lifter problem perhaps, but that's easily noticeable.

It's valves-stem seals and lifters that can be replaced, not really any "other stuff" to speak off.

If it was my money and the timescale involved between this an a drive in drive out with new hybrids, i'd go with the latter.

However, your ££ and choice mate :)

smithy

New wiesco piston are going in.

New wiesco piston are going in.

They are already in. The engine has low compression and rebuilt a 1000 miles ago and a refreshed set of heads is gonna cure it.

Yes the parts list is good to look at, but it is second hand and clearly has a problem.

Leigh originally wanted a quick zed without the added major expense, hence why i'd fit a pair of t25 hybrids and be done with it.

smithy

From what i understand the JWT530BB Turbos and downpipes, full unorthodox racing pulley set, Fidanza Flywheel, RPS Max street clutch, Nismo 555 injectors and wesico pistons are all brand new, (about £4000 of new parts) you are getting them for £2700 and for the extra £1000 Chris is using the parts and rebuilding you an engine and fitting it to your car and keeping your old engine as an exchange.

That is correct, but the engine is not having a total rebuild,the engine wasnt running right, something to do with the traction controle that was fitted, Chris will be making sure that the engine is 100% before I take it away.

They are already in. The engine has low compression and rebuilt a 1000 miles ago and a refreshed set of heads is gonna cure it.

Yes the parts list is good to look at, but it is second hand and clearly has a problem.

Leigh originally wanted a quick zed without the added major expense, hence why i'd fit a pair of t25 hybrids and be done with it.

smithy

Whatever problems it's had, Chris will be sorting it.

This post was started by Bazz not so long ago.

Forged Engine and parts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to sell my engine once it has been rebuilt or if i can get enough for the parts i may split it up. All the parts below have only covered less than 1000 miles.

Parts

Wiseco forged pistons

JWT 530 BB Turbos and pipes

Nismo 555cc injectors

RPS Max Sport Clutch

Fidanza Flywheel

Full Unorthodox Racing pulley kit

At present the engine is at Ztech ready to be rebuilt properly by Chris. It has low compression at present on cylinders 5 and 6 which may be suspected cracked rings. Once it is done it will be ready to drop straight into somebodys car. I have pictures of the engine with the above parts fitted that i can email. I am open to serious offers either for the whole engine with everything attached or if i can sell all bolt on parts individually i may remove them and sell them separately.

Blue 1993TT Mongoose System, Brembo R33 brakes,Veilside Skirts, ,

BAZZ

View Public Profile

Send a private message to BAZZ

Find More Posts by BAZZ

28th April 2008, 20:18 #2

Ossian

Subscribed Member

Feedback Score: 1

Posts: 1,121 that engine should be going in the strosek car.......

Ossian

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Ossian

Find More Posts by Ossian

28th April 2008, 20:20 #3

BAZZ

Subscribed Member

Feedback Score: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am planning something bigger for it!

BAZZ

View Public Profile

Find More Posts by BAZZ

28th April 2008, 20:24 #4

stellaZ

BAN JUNKIE

Feedback Score: 0

to be protected by the law, first you must become a criminal

stellaZ

View Public Profile

Send a private message to stellaZ

Find More Posts by stellaZ

28th April 2008, 20:53 #5

BAZZ

Subscribed Member

Posts: 302 As i said, may break up or sell as a whole so it depends on interest. The bolt on parts cost new, roughly,

Pistons £440

555's £545

RPS Clutch £425

Pulley Kit £290

JWT 530 BB Turbos and pipes £2000

Fidanza Flywheel £300

Obviously that was without fitting and labour charges. I am open to serious offers.

BAZZ

View Public Profile

Find More Posts by BAZZ

28th April 2008, 20:58 #6

Legrath

I see zed people

Feedback Score: 3

Posts: 12,249 I think you'll be better of selling the parts separately, your not likely to make back your money on the Ztech rebuild bill by selling complete afterwards.

SWB Slicktop TT Manual - Project : Rolling shell to Fast-road/Track car

Status - Nearly there ! Collecting Parts

Previous Z32's - Black 2+2 TT Manual (R.I.P) & Silver 2+2 NA Manual (SOLD) & Silver 2+2 NA Auto (SOLD)

My ride

Legrath

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Legrath

Find More Posts by Legrath

28th April 2008, 21:16 #7

silverbullet

Wornout Member

Feedback Score: 1

Posts: 584 im after some pistons and rods, will you take £200 for the pistons? (considering you can get them for around £280 new)

silverbullet

View Public Profile

Send a private message to silverbullet

Find More Posts by silverbullet

29th April 2008, 12:52 #8

BAZZ

Subscribed Member

Originally Posted by Legrath

I think you'll be better of selling the parts separately, your not likely to make back your money on the Ztech rebuild bill by selling complete afterwards.

The engine build is being done by Chris as he is a top bloke who is honouring the warranty that Ryan (the old owner of Ztech) should have provided. I spent a LOT of money to build this engine that i wont get back. This is giving someone the opportunity to have a quality engine with a good spec, ready to swap over without any hassle of waiting on their engine to be rebuilt and they would also have their engine to sell on.

Silverbullet, you will have first dibs on the pistons if i break the engine up.

Believe me you are getting an absolute bargain!!!! Originally this engine including labour cost me £9000. Unfortunately it was never set up properly and when i got it back the traction control which wasnt wired correctly was playing havok and the chip that had been fitted wasn't suitable either. As i already said since the rebuild the car was driven from Swindon to Glasgow and then was put on the back of a trailer and returned to Swindon. Basically about 500 miles of driving and i am allowing for 500 miles of driving that may or may not have occured after the engine was rebuilt before i picked up the car. Chris at Z tech being a totally genuine and all round nice guy agreed to fix any problems that the engine had for me and until about a month ago this engine was going to be put into my Strosek Z. As it happens another engine and lots of good accessories came up and i decided to go down a completely different route as i really want my new Z to be as good as i can make it. I originally wanted £4000 back for this engine once it was rebuilt and lowered the price to £3500. For £2750 plus your old engine, which again Chris has stuck his neck out and said he will take for £750 this is a cracking deal!

• 4 years later...

LOL... got the car at Zedworld right now...engine in bits.... and (not to anyone's surprise) it turns out that the only thing 100% that Chris is... is unmentionable!!!

So as it turns out the engine isn't the one that Leigh bought from Bazz.... it's no wonder it was such a good deal!

so no bottom end rebuild, no Wiseco forged pistons and defo not worth what Leigh paid!!!!!

Another example of people being taken for a ride.... however lucky for Leigh he sold it on to me and now I'm stuck with it.

Jeff is doing his best to sort something out for me....

lol... the engine is junk.... rings broken, cylinders scored and a mess... it's either a full rebuild of another block/engine..

can't afford the rebuild. :(

yeah, really peed.. i paid nearly 6k for the car .. but I think Leigh lost more than that with all the work he had done or should I say work he paid for.