It's a sad day, but I've made up my mind...

This is not a for sale thread - I'll put that in the for sale section at a later stage.

I've not driven my 300zx now for 3 years. I've only owned it for 5 years and in that time I've spent over £50k on it.

I'm just so frustrated now as I've tried everything I can to get the car back from the mechanic but every deadline I have given has been missed. The ones that were quite important to me were:

Summer 2006 - missed.

Christmas 2006 - missed.

My wedding Jul 2007 - missed.

Birth of my little daughter Oct 2007 - missed.

I was originally quoted 3 weeks, to have the engine reassembled and put back into the car. No fabrication or parts were required that I didn’t already supply.

After 22 months I still haven’t got the car back although I have been promised so many times "it will be ready by this weekend" or "I just have a few more bits to do on it" etc. etc.

So I'm at a stage now where I have to take legal action. I really didn’t want it to get to this stage but I have no other choice. As I'm not getting any communication back from him regarding the final deadlines I have given (weekend just passed was the final cut off point).

So for me the 300zx is no longer fun. It's become one huge pain in the butt. The amount of man hours I have spent on that car is huge, everything on the car I have done myself apart form the body kit and paint. So once I do get it back eventually, I'll be forced to sell. I really wanted to drive it around so badly just one more time but now with my 6 week old daughter I don’t think that's going to happen either. I know that if I do get it back and start driving it again I will fall back in love with the car that I built and it will be even harder for me to let go of it. In terms of material things, I have been more passionate about this car than anything else I have every owned. It was not only my ride, but my hobby and pride & joy.

I've had a lot of fun driving it and doing it up from scratch and I want to thank the people that I've met along the way. You are all a great bunch and I've had the most fun when I've been driving with you guys. I still watch the old video's I used to make of things like the Brighton meet, the SE rolling road day, Trax, the essex meets and of course Billing. Maybe I'll host these up somewhere in the near future just to show the new guys how we used to do things, and also to remind the old guys of the good times.

Really breaks my heart and I just wanted to share it with the people I've know on this forum for the last 5 years, I'm going to miss the 300zx scene a great deal and I'm hoping the new owner of my pride and joy has as much passion as I have about "Silver Streak" (my car's name).

Guest snowygt

:( i dont think i could get rid of it after all that money, dont let the baby put you off keeping it, I always managed with my son, hes now 2 and calls it "daddys car" infact i think he likes it more than i do :p dont get rid mate, keep it and get the plaesure back that you used-to have with it. Plus when your daughter is talkin you can teach her to say 300zx :rofl:

Sorry to here this Stu. I remember actually sending you a PM advocating C & S Wood after a similar experience I had with a one time Trader here, because I had heard things of this nature and seen a few things myself about the people who were doing the job for you.

I'm sorry it has ended like this and I wished you'd gone to Phil at C & S Wood. you wou'd have been driving around two weeks later. Is it still too late to let Phil wave his magic wond??

I have a pickup and can hire a trailer for the Zed for £30 if you need. Fuel only the rest would be my pleasure to help mate.

2006_0511zedfiles0002.jpg

3 Weeks after this picture I was driving the car with a complete engine rebuild with 89mm forged pistons and my present spec.

That is a real shame Stu.

Do you know where exactly it is being kept at the moment?

could we do a 300zx.co.uk covert operation to extract silver streak without taking legal action?

Mark's offer of a trailer would be useful for this covert op...

If the guy quoted 3 weeks and still hasn't completed the job 22 months later he has broken the verbal contract they entered into and has no legal right to claim payment or stop stue from removing all his property. Infact Stu has a right to claim for loss of enjoyment, stress and compensation for breach of contract.

The Trader is hardly going to claim his actions are resonable. + My advice to Stu would be not to pay for any of the work as it would be impossible to trust that any work carried out is correct and complete and that it will all have rechecked to ensure nothing has been missed. How can the workmanship be trusted if the Trader's word can't.

Sorry to here this Stu. I remember actually sending you a PM advocating C & S Wood after a similar experience I had with a one time Trader here, because I had heard things of this nature and seen a few things myself about the people who were doing the job for you.

I'm sorry it has ended like this and I wished you'd gone to Phil at C & S Wood. you wou'd have been driving around two weeks later. Is it still too late to let Phil wave his magic wond??

I have a pickup and can hire a trailer for the Zed for £30 if you need. Fuel only the rest would be my pleasure to help mate.

2006_0511zedfiles0002.jpg

3 Weeks after this picture I was driving the car with a complete engine rebuild with 89mm forged pistons and my present spec.

rub it in why not ;)

stu sorry to see mate, met you before top bloke! could understand the frustration!! hope you at least get the car back ok.

all the best greg

50K ssssheeesh! I've spent about 8k on mine (although 3K of that could of been avoided :rant: ) and am nearly ready to throw in the towel, can't imagine how you must be feeling, gutted for you mate.

I think with the right legal advice you should be able to get the car back without to much trouble and fook paying for it.

rub it in why not ;)

stu sorry to see mate, met you before top bloke! could understand the frustration!! hope you at least get the car back ok.

all the best greg

Hi Greg, I was't trying to rub it in mate, but inspire him. I've met Stu a couple of times at Midlands meats and at Billing and thought he was a really sound guy and i genuinely feel for him having had the same experience.

+ My offer of help is also Genuine.

If the guy quoted 3 weeks and still hasn't completed the job 22 months later he has broken the verbal contract they entered into and has no legal right to claim payment or stop stue from removing all his property. Infact Stu has a right to claim for loss of enjoyment, stress and compensation for breach of contract.

The Trader is hardly going to claim his actions are resonable. + My advice to Stu would be not to pay for any of the work as it would be impossible to trust that any work carried out is correct and complete and that it will all have rechecked to ensure nothing has been missed. How can the workmanship be trusted if the Trader's word can't.

This mechanic is VERY good at the hands on stuff but is TERRIBLE at time management and has personal problems at the moment.

Of course I am not condoning the delays, just adding a little background info...

Hi Greg, I was't trying to rub it in mate, but inspire him. I've met Stu a couple of times at Midlands meats and at Billing and thought he was a really sound guy and i genuinely feel for him having had the same experience.

+ My offer of help is also Genuine.

i was making light heart of the situation mark no dig bud :)

again stu hope it works out ok mate

This mechanic is VERY good at the hands on stuff but is TERRIBLE at time management and has personal problems at the moment.

Of course I am not condoning the delays, just adding a little background info...

Then he should have told Stu "Sorry shits happened I'm not going to be able to get it sorted for a couple of years. So if you want to take it else where thats up to you". Not just keep stringing him on. Saying I'll sort it in another few weeks. He should have resolved it in 12 weeks not still unresolve after 22 months.

I'm getting divorced have loads of problems as a result, but I don't mess my customer about or expect them to feel sorry for me.

i was making light heart of the situation mark no dig bud

again stu hope it works out ok mate

I know Greg but some here may have thought I was being a Tw@t and you have to watch out for the Thread Taliban :rofl: :rofl:

Its a real shame to hear this Stu, the number of times that i met you i could tell you were just passionate about Z's and could tell you loved your pride and joy every single bit

Its a shame to see it go this way but i do believe once your back in it once its fixed then you may change your mind

Its a shame it has gone this way as i also used Martyn and always did find his time management to be rather bad but i think you've gone well beyond that point

Im sorry to hear that your selling up

Fas

Surely he just needs to give Stu his Zed back then..... that's nearly 2 bloody years, totally ridiculous :nono:

Total piss take, I'd get Trading Standards in as well mate

No need to leave the Zed scene, get it taken elsewhere and finish it off

Loads of people thought I was Totally Mad , sorting the mess that a certain Ex trader did to my car

The amount of stress Stu I know...... is unbearable and it's difficult to see any progress. I would never want to go through that again as it was horrendous

I admire you for sticking at it so long

But I just found people who worked on it properly and sorted it out

Now I'm a happy bunny

I hope you find the resolution you are looking for

Good luck

I've not driven my 300zx now for 3 years. I've only owned it for 5 years and in that time I've spent over £50k on it.

).

:shock: I did read the whole post fella but those first couple of sentences are beyond belief. How on earth could anyone, in any type of business mess you around like that? Very sad you have to give up, I completely understand the frustration you must be feeling.

I hope in the future your luck will change with z's ;) and congrats on your little baby girl too :)

Sh1t bud that crap news !!!!

Your car was one of the few that swung it for me to get a Silver zed cos it,s fooking gorgeous :bow: :bow:

I would deffo take it somewhere else and get it finished , take it for a drive and you,ll be hooked again :hyper: :hyper:

Thanks for the support guys,

If I had the address of where the car was I would be well up for go getting it, but I can't seem to get this information out of him as he only ever text me and doesn't call.

I will have to go up there and snoop about at where I think it may be first to see if I can locate it.

Guest deve8uk

If I had the address of where the car was I would be well up for go getting it, but I can't seem to get this information out of him as he only ever text me and doesn't call.

I will have to go up there and snoop about at where I think it may be first to see if I can locate it.

sory mate. untill i just read this I thought, why dont you go pick the car up. Now you just said this I am feeling its highly probable the cars stolen, dammaged or stripped.

and 2 years of not seeing it because "its not there" christ bud, get onto the phone to a lawyer and the police ffs.

better still see if any of the bods on here can trace the phone addy for you so you can at least pay him a visit.

Have you tired calling his missus/ex-missus? I have her number if you need it.

She was very helpful with me...