What is it with these people?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry but I think she was asking for trouble under the circumstances. The Arab Islamic countries do not have free speach and their laws are server. A person in her position should have a bit more intelegence than she has shown. I have no sympathy for her position, though I wish her no harm. She has been very stupid though and they'll want to make an example of her.

How on earth were you to know that something that innocent would go that far though Mark. The whole idea of a teddy is something for kids to love....surely with them naming it after this prophet would be a nice thing. I think the whole situation is totally ridiculous.

How on earth were you to know that something that innocent would go that far though Mark. The whole idea of a teddy is something for kids to love....surely with them naming it after this prophet would be a nice thing. I think the whole situation is totally ridiculous.

Thats because your thinking like a westerner. If you want to survive and thrive out their you have to get your Islamic head on or be prepared to lose it.

This is why we are having so many clashes with the extremist over here. They cannot see beyond what they believe is unquestionably right.

this is one thing that really really makes my blood boil. im not racist in any way as i have some good freinds from various countries, but, as said above "when in rome", we go to other countries and have to abide by their rules, SO WHY NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND ???. if this government is not careful, we will also be living by another countries rules, and its slowly going that direction. i need a fag now to calm down :rant:

a lot of you are indeed commenting as westerners have become to be expected to react - i agree there are a lot of very small minded people on both sides of the fence and it will take a great deal of work to get people to see eye to eye - no offence meant but it's not rare to see it on these forums!

however, a little understanding and acceptance that you do not know all and understand all would go a long way to harmonising the different cultures we experience in our day to day lives. In short, sometimes agreeing to disagree is sometimes the only way!

Ignorance and intolerance is not the way forward. The same goes for smartarse comments... :nono:

All IMHO...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Ride

this is one thing that really really makes my blood boil. im not racist in any way as i have some good freinds from various countries, but, as said above "when in rome", we go to other countries and have to abide by their rules, SO WHY NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND ???. if this government is not careful, we will also be living by another countries rules, and its slowly going that direction. i need a fag now to calm down :rant:

I think its political correctness gone overboard in this country, also not trying to sound raciest, but i think its gone to far now to say anything about the rights and wrongs of other cultures and religeons, without upsetting them and expect them to respect our laws and religeon, as you say we would have to in theirs, so basically our own culture has to take a back seat so as to not offend other beliefs. But maybe one day IF all culters and beliefs adopted this political correctness attitude we will all be able to live together, but that would take respect for each others beliefs from all sides, but i cant see that happening because most of the time your dealing with fanatics who are brainwashed from birth to believe their way is the right way and only way,that dosent mean i think its right the woman should get 40 lashes

I think this woman getting 40 lashes because of a name given to a teddy, is just an excuse for them to have another pop at the west and most proberbly the British Government will sit back and let it happen in case it causes another uprising.

Guest deve8uk

Its thier laws in tehir country. We might not agree with them, we might not understand them, but thats what you get for working in the bloody place.

Id like to say she should of been smart enough to realise that something like this would happen, but shes was dumb enough to go work there in teh first place.

Its totally stupid on both sides. She was trying to introduce some westernised ideas into their culture....Big mistake. But on the other hand how primitive are these people? She should have at most been given a severe telling off and told to fook off back to England. No wonder the world is in such turmoil you cant fart without offending some idiot somewhere in the world these days.

AND I totally agree with what Chris just said.

Its totally stupid on both sides. She was trying to introduce some westernised ideas into their culture....Big mistake. But on the other hand how primitive are these people? She should have at most been given a severe telling off and told to fook off back to England. No wonder the world is in such turmoil you cant fart without offending some idiot somewhere in the world these days.

AND I totally agree with what Chris just said.

Yep i agree, trouble is they dont want any western ideas or influences as they believe their way is the only way and our beliefs are totally wrong just because we believe there is an opposite to good which is evil, there is a God so therefore there must be an opposite, the Devil. And its this belief there must be a Devil which they dont like, and thats what will always devide the two beliefs, they arnt happy to let us have our beliefs because they dont agree with it. We dont criticise what they believe in so why cant they be the same and accept that is our religeon and leave us to believe in what we believe in. Respect our beliefs in our Country as we have to respect theirs in their Country. But as i said before its propably an excuse to have a pop at the west and the fact she is a second rate citizan in that country, the probarbly dont want her there anyway.

Yep i agree, trouble is they dont want any western ideas or influences as they believe their way is the only way and our beliefs are totally wrong just because we believe there is an opposite to good which is evil, there is a God so therefore there must be an opposite, the Devil. And its this belief there must be a Devil which they dont like, and thats what will always devide the two beliefs, they arnt happy to let us have our beliefs because they dont agree with it. We dont criticise what they believe in so why cant they be the same and accept that is our religeon and leave us to believe in what we believe in. Respect our beliefs in our Country as we have to respect theirs in their Country. But as i said before its propably an excuse to have a pop at the west and the fact she is a second rate citizan in that country, the probarbly dont want her there anyway.

What the fook have you been smoking Carl?

Got any left :rofl: :wack:

Listen it's quite simple. They have as much right to their culture as we do ours.

Yep that is true and i agree, which is what i am saying but im also saying they dont like our culture because of our beliefs hence why we are called infidels because we dont worship Allah. They arnt happy to accept our beliefs as we accept theirs and that i know for fact by talking to work mates from different culters and beliefs.

I wish i had something better to smoke, aint had a proper smoke in years if i did have i would gladly share it with you :rofl: