show cars

Guest karl300zx

Guest karl300zx

http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/show-car_Cars_W0QQcatrefZC12QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQga10244Z10425QQsacatZ9801QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZ

i have just typed in show car into ebay and look what i have found, why do ppl use show car in such a wide range, only about 4 or 5 of them would class as a show car, what do you think a show car is and why.

i have done outside of car, inside, ICE, now big power engine build, you find it very rare to have a car with all three aspecs covered in a big show way. you get ppl that add a front bumper and side skirts and call it a show car, why is this, or engine not even chromed and stuff like that, but yet still call it show car.

karl

tbh when I hear the term "show car" it makes me think "trailer queen"..........however there are LOTS of cars that I would consider 'show-worthy' such as MAC1's, Zelda and of course Karls (to name but a few) FunkiSi's car is also included because in my opinion it's a beautiful example of a stock (ish) 300 zx. The one that really made me chuckle was the white 205! As much as I love 205's the one on that link is NOT a show car (imo).

Guest karl300zx

it really does make me laugh, a true show car in my eyes, is a car you use all the time, your not afrade to drive it in the shitty weather, and yet when its all polished up its still stunning. and everything is modded on it and i mean everything, engine, ice, inside, outside, rims and of cause the thing what sets it all off, the spray job.

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from, but of course you can't forget the concourse cars that are still standard, but still jaw-dropping.

1986porsche951.jpg

It's not really to my taste, but effort has clearly gone into it and I think it shows. I know the wheels aren't standard (or at least I think they aren't), but it's still a nice car to look at.

Guest karl300zx
Yeah, I hear where you're coming from, but of course you can't forget the concourse cars that are still standard, but still jaw-dropping.

1986porsche951.jpg

It's not really to my taste, but effort has clearly gone into it and I think it shows. I know the wheels aren't standard (or at least I think they aren't), but it's still a nice car to look at.

yes totally agree mate but a show car, these days is a car that has been modded big time or a totally stock car that is ages old but looks new.

Guest karl300zx
To me a show car is just that it is what it says on the tin "a show car" and thats all it does, go's to shows. Its almost impossible to use a show car on the road and still keep it in show condition without some little scratch or dent appearing :)

i take mine to shows all the time, use it all the time, apart from when been fixed lol, i dont enter it in show and shine but i get more ppl looking at it and coming over to see it from word of mouth, to me i get my kicks that way, i dont want loads of fake bloody trophies and shit, just the looks when your driving it does it for me, just ask legrath what it was like when he drove it.

The phrase "show car" in MY eyes is a car that is purely taken to shows to compete against others (Modding it from top to bottom) and nothing else (as Carls got a zed said). If i were to own a "show car", I dont think i would be comfortable if i were to use it as an everyday car for obvious reasons, hardly practical for everyday use on these roads and with the thugs around now a days.. well, there would be nothing left of it.

But I guess if your the barryboys type then the phrase "show car" is probably totally different in every aspect.

Rob

Guest karl300zx
The phrase "show car" in MY eyes is a car that is purely taken to shows to compete against others (Modding it from top to bottom) and nothing else (as Carls got a zed said). If i were to own a "show car", I dont think i would be comfortable if i were to use it as an everyday car for obvious reasons, hardly practical for everyday use on these roads and with the thugs around now a days.. well, there would be nothing left of it.

But I guess if your the barryboys type then the phrase "show car" is probably totally different in every aspect.

Rob

well said mate. show car is taken out of context i think.

Personally, I don't think a show car should fit into any category really. Because mad flipped out cars with huge max power style bodykits etc aren't really my thing, I prefer to class a good show car (as my own personal preference) as a mint, well cared for original example. I'll spend far more time looking over a concourse cars than I will looking at stuff with loads of fibreglass and mesh stuck to it. That's just a very vague thing, I do like loads of other stuff, but 'prefer' to see certain things that others would not find that interesting maybe?

But it's all personal preference at the end of the day. What some people will want to see at shows, others will not...it also depends on the show as well.

FunkiSi's car is also included because in my opinion it's a beautiful example of a stock (ish) 300 zx.

:shock: :o

*blushes*

Dude, mine's still in peices...but it's having a 9hr detailing/machine polish session on the new paintwork tomorrow to get that mirror shine to the top coat....I've never really shown the car either, I just like to enjoy the car in the summer months, maybe I will next year, but thanks for the comments. :)

Guest karl300zx
Dont really know what to class mine as.As long as peeps still cue up to look at it and go away with "ARC EYE" I'm happy. :dance: :dance: :dance:

same as vinz, we dont need show and shine and comps, we snap heads with ours anyway, infact most zeds do.

same as vinz, we dont need show and shine and comps, we snap heads with ours anyway, infact most zeds do.

true true all zeds turn heads :rofl: fook me im a poet and dont even know it!

im more into the speed and racing thing myself although i like the car to look nice (to my taste anyway) but not too bothered about the show thing, enough people look at the car as it is but thats my opinion :)

To me a show car is just that it is what it says on the tin "a show car" and thats all it does, go's to shows. Its almost impossible to use a show car on the road and still keep it in show condition without some little scratch or dent appearing :)

Exactly otherwise it should be a 'modified road car'

A show car doesn't have to be one that's done out from top to bottom, and doesn't have to be just a car that goes to shows and never used on the road.

A true show car is one that is kept in the best possible condition the owner can afford, one that has that X factor when you look at it. I've seen some very OTT cars and some really naff ones that people class as a show car But to me if it turns heads and gets nice reactions off of people then thats a true show car whether you plowd thousands into it or not.