• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remembered a couple of others :D

I was "on a break" from my girlfriend for a week or 2 when I took another girl out to a restaurant.

Was sat eating when a TV crew walked in with Jimmy Saville and Louis Theroux filming for Louis' series.

It's Jimmy's favorite restaurant and he lived just round the corner.

They sat at the table next to us and Jimmy was his usual loud self, chatting to all around and generaly acting like the ar5e he is!

Got back with my ex but was shitting my pants when it was on TV a few months later, but thanks to the editing somehow I wasn't visible in the camera angles they used :rofl:

Met all the Top Gear team at a car show once and got them to sign my Top Gear magazine. Clarkson asked me what car I drove and my tw@t of a mate shouted out "He's got a vectra!" before I could answer and had Clarkson taking the p1ss and everyone in the crowd laughing at me :rofl:

Shook hands with Bill Clinton when he called into a pub in Harrogate for lunch during a business conference.

To say the locals were a bit suprised is an understatement.

He ordered a pint of Snakebite but the landlord refused to serve it cos it's not legal(?!?!) so he sampled a few real ales and had a coke!

Met J.K Rowling the Harry Potter author when she called in where I used to work at a Financial Management company. Can only imagine the cash the boss earns in commision for investing her money! Lucky git looks after quite a few very rich celebs.

Saw Charles and Camilla this summer when they were in Harrogate after the Great Yorkshire Show. They shut all the main routes through town and I was stuck in a jam in the car for over an hour - cheers! :mad:

Was in a pub in Leeds when I noticed Richard Whiteley next to me at the bar. We spoke a few words without mentioning TV/Countdown etc and for some reason he asked me if I wanted his autograph... No thanks! :rofl:

Another pub in Leeds and we got chatting to a few of the guys from Emmerdale. We were having a good laugh and they bought us drinks, until someone mentioned the program and a pissed up Zak Dingle went off on one about talking shop and it nearly resulted in a fight! Told them it was sh1t anyway and walked off :rofl:

More Emmerdale - I live a couple of miles away from the village where it's filmed. They used to use various locations until they built a dedicated film set village a few years ago.

Their visits to "Hotten" is actually Otley just down the road and the cattle market there is used a lot.

The lake with the bridge over it on the start of the program is a reservoir a mile away from me where I walk a lot.

I go to the same gym as Marlon Dingle - Whooo! He's a good laugh and has a couple of kids who went to nursery with my daughter.

Was in a club in Leeds when I spotted Christa Ackroyd the presenter of Look North news looking completely off her head on coke -a-cola ;)

When I was a kid I won a competition for fitting the most objects in a matchbox :rofl: Think it was about 130 ish!

Think I have the record for passing the police on the A1 at over 130 in a 60 limit (with a mate in the car who was so fooked he'd have set their drug and alcohol tests off before they got out the car) and being let off!! :rofl:

when working at ztech its in a small village in baydon wiltshire! i decide to go to the little post office to get some food etc, on leaving! 2 new 5 series beamers pull up! thought nothing off it until i blink and dennis wise walks past me, i said "****IN ELL" his respone was alright(wink) arrogant little ****er but was a bit of shock, he use to play for chelsea and is manager of swindon town FC or was at least

iv met wolf from gladiators, never seen my grandma again :wack:

Guest Captain Slow

Name Drop Time

My Grandfather was a well respected man in the community, and was responsible for setting up the Princess Anne hospital in Southampton. He had a Dr friend from the states, who went to Army Training with Ronald Regan. Did you know Ronald Regan was short sighted?

Helped get Kenny Baker (R2D2...who was the guest of honour...my friend was president of the "Star Wars" society...although he had only seen one film...basically it was a good excuse to form a society and get hammered) riotously pissed on 125 year old port at a small Black Tie dinner at Queens college Oxford. Had to drive his modified green Rolls around as he'd left it across two reserved spaces and the Senior Tutor was apparently out for his blood.

Appeared in a low budget "art-house" film with Johnny "Reveals All" Ball. He signed my script. Bless.

Had "relations" with Imogen Heap.

Went on a post-gig bender with half the GLC in Birmingham (just before they "broke" when they played their last small gig at Academy 2). My mate's mate was their dealer. :wack:

Saw Michael Elphick coming out of a flat in Hounslow years ago (RIP Boon)

Stood 2 seats away from Jarvis Cocker when he made an appearance in the crowd at Wembley during U2's Pop Tour. He got a round of applause.

Called celebrity hairdresser Lee Stafford a "fVcking c**t" to his face when he stepped on my girlfriends ball gown and didn't apologise at another black tie hairdressing do in Stratford (my mom and girlfriend are also in the business and were demonstrating on the same bill). Was amused to see the look on his face (not to mention the evils I got from his "close personal male friend"...)

My life is weird.

OK, nothing as interesting as some of you peeps, but here goes.....

A few years back I was working away, and was staying at the Gainsborough House Hotel in Kidderminster, while I was there the Chippendale's were performing locally and were also staying in the same hotel. They are the most arrogant bunch of big headed ****ers I've ever met! And that's not just me saying that ALL the female staff working in the hotel thought the same!

My other claim is.... A couple of years ago ATOC (Association of train Operating Companies) made a TV ad called 'Getting Back On Track' following various, well published, train accidents. Well a lot of the filming was done at the Midlands Test Centre were I was working (now closed).

Well they filmed a ScotRail unit travelling along our test track, that i was driving :D they also filmed quite a bit of the Virgin tilting Pendolino trains that were on test at the time. ALL that footage has me on-board :D

OK, you can't see me in any of the clips, but I'm there ;)

Guest lets drift

I got knocked down by Phil Collins once, he turned a corner and walked straight into me. He was very pleasent and was trying his hardest to apologise and offered to buy me lunch. You should have seen the mess of my dress I'd landed in a muddy puddle.

I didn't accept.

Oh yeah, my great great great etc grand father was a traiter to both the Scottish and the English in the Jacobite wars with Bonny Prince Charlie. He was the last person to be publicly executed at the Tower of London. His name was Lord Simon Fraser and his name is on the wall in the Tower! Look him up!

Oh yeah, my great great great etc grand father was a traiter to both the Scottish and the English in the Jacobite wars with Bonny Prince Charlie. He was the last person to be publicly executed at the Tower of London. His name was Lord Simon Fraser and his name is on the wall in the Tower! Look him up!

Now that one I like. Mind you, "the sins of the fathers...etc"...round to piesoups' for a spot of hanging, drawing and quartering anyone? ;)