had my car cleaned properly what do you think

my paint was looking a bit sorry for its self so after speaking to a guy called brad from another forum he said he could probably help improve it.

seeing as it is 13 year old paint......... will let the pics speak for thereselves

Befores and afters

DSCF0049.jpgDSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0050.jpgDSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

During

Left side clayed right side not clayed!!! (right side almost looks cloudy)

DSCF0053.jpg

During

Claybar after

DSCF0051.jpg

Bottom half polished, top half not

DSCF0056.jpg

Reflections

DSCF0071.jpgDSCF0067.jpg

no swirl marks now and just got to keep it looking this way.

a top bloke and highly recommended.

gaz

Looks great Gaz! I must try some of this claybar. Although I doubt I'll notice too much of a difference on pearl white.

How much did he charge?

Also, sort those orange side repeaters out!! C'mon, they are only about £30!

well mine is a pearl black and it really does help takes all the roughness off of the paint and leaves it well smooth.. he charged me mates rates at £50 he took a whole day to do. arrived at 9:30 and didn't finish till 5:30 :shock: went through everything wash,dry, clay down the grades of polish glaze wax.

he did a fantastic job. the side repeaters are on my list of things to do but not priority as yet :rofl:

looks great but before u all go out and buy some of that clay putty whatever u wanna call it thats about £20 £30 try blue tack trust me i used to sell it 4 a living ITS EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF

I might be interested in some of that at some point. My paintwork's generally pretty good, and usually a polish makes it look fantastic, but there are a few swirl marks and other imperfections that could do with sorting out. Goes with the territory I guess. Be interested to see how well it holds up.

Cheers,

Bart

Very nice Gaz, what products did he use to remove the swirl marks? Did he use a polisher or did he do it by hand?

Sorry to be nosey, but I've started to do a bit of this paint correction stuff in my spare time, so I am really intrigued :)

he had a proper rotery polisher 110v jobby with all the foam pads etc.to remove the swirl marks he went down the grades of polish working in lines. i couldn't tell you what polishes he uses as he gets them from america sorry to be so vague :nelson:

Thats some shiney s**t!!!!!!!!

I want mine looking like that!!!

How many times can that clay bar be used? It is a case of wipe a bit and chuck? Guess you can peal the dirty stuff off and kep using it?

depending on how bad the paint is . he said between 6-10 times before its too dirty to use.

Dont suppose the guy that did yours wants a day trip to lincoln does he? Mine could do with some of that treatment!

it takes him a day to do it so would be a weekend lol. tbh its a sort of hobby for him as he works mon to friday and the money he makes from the detailing is for beer etc. its a passion for him. i said he should do it as a living as he would make mega cash!

Guest Ted Striker

What wax did he finish off with?

I use 'mothers' carnauba wax, awesome stuff for

sealing in the top glaze.

Looks a top job mate, i'll bet the photos don't do it

justice. Black really is the best colour when it's all

buffed up etc...

Did he recommend any detailing spray for between

polishs?

What wax did he finish off with?

I use 'mothers' carnauba wax, awesome stuff for

sealing in the top glaze.

Looks a top job mate, i'll bet the photos don't do it

justice. Black really is the best colour when it's all

buffed up etc...

Did he recommend any detailing spray for between

polishs?

he said to me to wash with two buckets one with clean water and the other a high quality car shampoo. a wash mitt lambs wool which i have. then dry with microfibre cloths. then all i should need to do is use good quality spray wax and buff with another microfibre polish cloth.

Guest Neil Morris
looks great but before u all go out and buy some of that clay putty whatever u wanna call it thats about £20 £30 try blue tack trust me i used to sell it 4 a living ITS EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF

OK will give it a go then. Thanks.

Guest Ted Striker
he said to me to wash with two buckets one with clean water and the other a high quality car shampoo. a wash mitt lambs wool which i have. then dry with microfibre cloths. then all i should need to do is use good quality spray wax and buff with another microfibre polish cloth.

Yeah, pretty much the same. The detailing spray is the stuff

he would have used to lubricate the claybar.

Thats interesting about the bluetack, i've often thought that

the two are very similar!

so nare you gonna drive it or look at it ..... :p :rofl:

time to put it back in the BOX ... :rofl: :rofl:

does look good bud ... :hyper: :hyper: ;) and for 50 ,,you done well .. :D