60 BHP upgrade chip Help.

Hi ,I've bought a chip off E-bay for my zed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-300ZX-TT-Z32-1990-1995-ECU-Upgrade-Kit-60BHP_W0QQitemZ8011778674QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It came with Jim wolf technology instructions and claims 60 bhp increase.I'm a bit worried it will fook up my zed (only had it a week ,Wow is it fun!!! ),anyone fit one? :confused:Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-300ZX-TT-Z32-1990-1995-ECU-Upgrade-Kit-60BHP_W0QQitemZ8011778674QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It came with Jim wolf technology instructions and claims 60 bhp increase.I'm a bit worried it will fook up my zed (only had it a week ,Wow is it fun!!! ),anyone fit one? :confused:Thanks.

hello mate,just a few pointers on this one for ya,make sure the chip has the same fueling map as the jwt or you,ll risk damage to your pride and joy, after you up the boost with the boost jets which are mig welding tips by the way you must try use shell "optimax" fuel and have a look at the size of tips before you fit em as the 13psi thats qouted they should be 1.2mm. and last iff you have not done any soldering with boards before let someone else do it coz theres a risk you,ll fvck the ecu up. ;)

these eprom/jet packages spring up quite a lot on eBay, and TBH thats exactly where I started my path to modification. the particular one i had was fine and saw me for two years before i upgraded again. as long as it is installed correctly then there shouldn't be any problems as long as the chip as a genuine one.

point of warning tho, you need to keep an eye on what boost youre running now, as different size jets will give you different max boost levels. can you remember what number was on the side of the jets - i see it says 13psi in the ad so i think they'll be 1.2mm's. get yourself an aftermarket boost gauge as jets tend to momentarily spike above their stated maximum.

and welcome to the club, what's your name? ;)

Thanks Lads .My names Simon.This place is a godsend for me being a new zed owner ,already sorted out a few minor probs on the car.Hope to speak to you alot more when i suss this posting lark out a bit more.Cheers and thanks again.

Welcome to the club Simon - this is the best place in the galaxy for help and advice on your Z. i'll let someone else talk about the subscription when they say hello ;) :D

I think you got black and the mystery colour the wrong way round. Seriously, 60 bhp from a chip, does that really work? (I have *no* idea BTW, just interested.... cos 360 bhp sounds kind of fun TBH.)

The chip alone will only map the fueling so you can run higher boost safely with optimax of course and also alter the ignition timing and increase the RPM limited from 7200 to 7400...

You will not get any performance gains from just the chip alone as the turbo's will still be running at the same pressure... This is where the boost jest come in as they go in the vaccume lines which are connected to the turbo's solinoids which makes the actuator harder to open thus increasing boost pressure = yahooo let's go!!!! :D

The jet's only alow a small amount of vaccume to happen else if there was a blockage or they we're just solid tips you would just build boost and blow yer tubs hence the different jet sizes for different boost levels.. ;)

Hi Simon,

It's me who sells that kit on eBay and I'd just like to point out it's not a JWT chip and they're my own instructions, not anything to do with JWT.

They don't supply kits like this, just ready mapped complete ECU's.

I don't want them getting upset!

Its a bit late to ask if it will fook up your Z after buying it isn't it? LOL

I used this setup myself for 18 months so I know how good it is.

I've supplied around 60 chipped ECU's with no problems so far other than people fitting them wrong or installing in a car that's not running well in the first place.

Chris.

Apologies mate it wasn't your chip i bought ,i only saw your chip when i had bought mine.The person i bought the chip off no longer is on E-bay and i used your link as an example as i thought all the chips had come from the same source.once again accept my apologies.

The chip alone will only map the fueling so you can run higher boost safely with optimax of course and also alter the ignition timing and increase the RPM limited from 7200 to 7400...

You will not get any performance gains from just the chip alone as the turbo's will still be running at the same pressure... This is where the boost jest come in as they go in the vaccume lines which are connected to the turbo's solinoids which makes the actuator harder to open thus increasing boost pressure = yahooo let's go!!!! :D

The jet's only alow a small amount of vaccume to happen else if there was a blockage or they we're just solid tips you would just build boost and blow yer tubs hence the different jet sizes for different boost levels.. ;)

Thanks for that Jon. I feel a bit more illuminated. So next question is, how does that fit in with a boost controller? Do you fit that in addition to, or instead of boost jets?

(Sorry, bit of thread hijacking going on here.)