"Even in emergencies we consider that driving at 100mph or more is too dangerous."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mowgs

familiarising himself in the early hours of the morning?? at 159mph??? surely anything he needed to know about handling etc could be done at a normal speed, and if the police training is so good why cant he use an area off road - they must have them surely???

Most people with big cars cruise at 100mph these days. Ridiculous!

I'm glad he got away with it, much that I'm not a great fan of the traffic police. At the end of the day, if I was him, with a new toy, I'd have probably done the same!

Guest mowgs

its not the point really tho is it. if you or i were caught at that speed we would expect to have the book thrown at us.

theyv obviously accepted that he was not driving to an emergency and so as far as the law is concerned was doing well in excess of double the speed limit.

we all speed - anyone who says otherwise is lying - but we do so in the knowledge that we could face point, fines and or bans.

being a police officer does not and should not exempt you from that.

well i think it stinks that he got off with it, i got familliar with my car when i bought it, i revved it e few times found the bite on the clutch found out what button did what and drove about for a few weeks being very carefull as this was my first rear wheel drive car. I DID NOT GO HOONING DOWN A PUBLIC HIGHWAY AT 156 MPH TO GET THE FEEL OF THINGS, sorry about that just my view on the whole situation. I have a freind who at 3 in the morning was doing just over a hundred in a cossie which he had had for years so was very familliar with it and he got the book thrown at him and this was his first driving offence, again im sorry for my reply

Guest mowgs

next theyll be acquitting coppers of drug offenses by saying they were 'getting to know drug offenders better by knowing what its like'

bang him up!!!

I think the point here that you are all missing is that, and I quote, he is 'the "creme de la creme" of police drivers'.

:D

Lol.

It's hypocritical sh!t like this that makes lots of people hate the Police force. Abuse of power.

next theyll be acquitting coppers of drug offenses by saying they were 'getting to know drug offenders better by knowing what its like'

bang him up!!!

copper " iwas just famillirising myself with the murder weapon so i shot someone with it"

Judge "you are free to go"

they are more corrupt than the common criminal (to55ers)

TBH it is bloody ridiculous and it makes me very angry. This officer should have faced the full penalties of the law just like any other poor sod does, unless of course they are in the force. It sickens me that he could even possibly get away with this.

One rule for the police and another for the public. Load of ****ers. The judge should be locked up as well for being a complete twat. He was probably so senile he didn't know where he was anyway ...

TBH it is bloody ridiculous and it makes me very angry. This officer should have faced the full penalties of the law just like any other poor sod does, unless of course they are in the force. It sickens me that he could even possibly get away with this.

One rule for the police and another for the public. Load of ****ers. The judge should be locked up as well for being a complete twat. He was probably so senile he didn't know where he was anyway ...

ill second that motion lol

If he,s the "creme de la creme" of police drivers why isnt he driving formula one cars for a living instead of creaming money off U.K. drivers for speeding as opposed to catching real crims who burgle mug and rape people and what does he say to the people he catches speeding "you were doing 90 in a 70, mind you i did a159mph and i got away with it HA HA HA, right thats 6 points and a big fat fine please." Dont get me started on the 5 o i have a friend who is in the force, really nice bloke at home and will talk about fast cars till the cows come home but when he turns in mr plod he,s

a f**kin twat and i wouldnt p**s on him if he was on fire.A DRUNK copper smashed my cousin off his GSXR 600. My cousin was in a coma for 19 days and the copper got away with... long story. Sorry but i hate um !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have saved that in my favourites and if I ever get done use the fookin thing as evidence. I will be pleading that I have more experiance than him. I drive on average 1200 miles a week and have done for the last four years and haven't yet had a speeding fine or accident? If that don't speak for experiance then what does? I think its a fookin p155 take that the old bill get away with anything. The law it the law and no one is supposed to be above it..

I dont want to be around when the twat gets issued with a new fookin gun... :hurl:

Makes me sick...

I think the point here that you are all missing is that, and I quote, he is 'the "creme de la creme" of police drivers'.

Yeah, if he's one of the good ones, think what the bad ones get up to !

Looks more like they shaved a monkey and put it in a suit.

I think some guy caught doing that sort of speed on a bike a year or so ago went to prison for it.

I'm about half way to being qualified and if I carry on training I will ultimately end up training Police drivers as my intructor does now. Does this mean I can use the same excuse? I fookin doubt it even though I'll also be an "advanced" driver. An advanced driver IMO generally does have a lot of experience and knowledge but at the end of the day it comes down to genetics, some of them will be good and some will be shite when it comes to the crunch. The other officers defended him because if they hadn't their lives would have been made hell by his cronies, sadly this is how it works in the Police force. Us mere mortals get told to bend over if we're caught.

Looks more like they shaved a monkey and put it in a suit.

I think some guy caught doing that sort of speed on a bike a year or so ago went to prison for it.

Are you saying monkey's can't drive? ... Please dont dis the monkeys by comparing them to a police officer. They are much better than that. :rofl:

You are right though, they should have thrown the book at him, I couldn't believe it when I read the article FFS

The officer, who is also trained in the use of firearms, was recorded travelling at 159mph on the motorway near Telford in the early hours of 5 December 2003.

Fookin good job he wasnt familiarizing his self with a new gun :xxx: