Boot and fuel flap release fault

RichardS

Question

The lever to release the fuel flap and open the boot has ceased to work properly....

I can no longer release the fuel flap, nor will the boot shut properly - any ideas?

Could the cable have stretched or got stuck on something - and how easy do you reckon it is to fix. I do have a spare brand new cable if need be, but I have my MOT on Monday and the tester will need to access the fuel cap 😞

I guess I could pre-open the flap by pulling the cable lever behind the near side tail light - luckily I don't need petrol just yet LOL!!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

3 answers to this question

If you undo the centre boot trim, the one directly behind the rear panel for the reverse lights, can you pull on the cable to see if it's stretched or caught?

It should run though a plastic 'runner/spacer' to support the cable and might have just popped out,

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am pleased to report that I have fixed the issue.....

The little plastic fastener had broken at the release lever. Luckily I had a brand new Nissan part sitting in my garage 😉 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

That happened on mine as well.  Odly the boot would open but not the fuel flap.  Took me ages as i started at the wrong end 🤦‍♂️

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue: