New front lights

I recently purchased some brand-new J-spec fog lights from Luke, as I've never been 100% happy with the UK-spec side light/indicator split. And yesterday I fitted them....

Although not for use as fog lights! I installed some H3 LED bulbs and rewired them for use as daytime running lights. I also replaced the side light bulbs with some bright-ish LEDs.

I then rewired my corner lights (which were the DRLs) to become the indicators. I think they make the front end look much nicer - a real improvement over the original look. Especially now that the whole lenses light up in either DRL or side-light mode. 

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

• Like 8

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

11 hours ago, CrashCourse said:

Great idea for the fog light to DRL conversion, what's involved in doing that?

I have a UK car mate, so no front fogs in the first instance...... ? 

But for DRLs, I bought a kit from Ebay a few years ago, which wires directly to the battery. It only illuminates the DRLs when the engine is running, then has a relay to extinguish them when the side/head light are switched on. 

Buy the kit, wire it in as per the instructions, then cut the OEM fog light wire and connect the final live feed from the relay to the fog light live. Job done! You may wish to replace the bulbs too - as LED H3s work better as DRLs than the existing halogens in the fog lights!

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: