2022 AGM - 2nd October - British Motor Museum

RichardS

Hi all,

Following my previous thread regarding the club's AGM, I would like to start by thanking you all for your interest.

I have now booked the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire, for Sunday October 2nd - details here:

British Motor Museum | Home

We'll have a dedicated parking area in the museum grounds and the AGM will be held around lunchtime - with a buffet lunch supplied.

There will also be the opportunity to meet at a nearby hotel on the Saturday night, for those who need to travel up or down to Warwickshire - and no doubt those staying will get together for dinner that evening..... I will post details of the hotel shortly, once availability has been confirmed.

Look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 4

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back to the top, as it's only one month away now.......

Please register interest on the thread, as I'll need confirmed numbers in about 3 weeks in order to organise catering with the museum.

I will also enquire into hotel accommodation for the Saturday night, for those travelling from afar and wanting to stay over - and join each other for a meal that evening ? 

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

1 hour ago, RichardS said:

Bringing this back to the top, as it's only one month away now.......

Please register interest on the thread, as I'll need confirmed numbers in about 3 weeks in order to organise catering with the museum.

I will also enquire into hotel accommodation for the Saturday night, for those travelling from afar and wanting to stay over - and join each other for a meal that evening ? 

Count me in and the hotel accommodation as well please

• Like 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

18 hours ago, sumshiftyguy said:

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to attend the AGM. Although it looks like I'll have the car back, my wife now has to work that day so I'll need to be home with the kids.

Bring them along Vig....... ? 

UPDATE.......

I have booked 6 rooms at the Delta Marriot, Warwick for Saturday 1st October

How to Get to Delta Hotels Warwick | Map of Warwick (marriott.co.uk)

Delta Hotels Warwick

Stratford Road, Budbrooke

Warwick, CV34 6RE United Kingdom

Cost is £139 per double room including dinner and breakfast. They are currently reserved under my name, so please do let me know before Thursday if you are definitely coming, so that I can cancel any unrequired rooms.... I don't want to get charged ? 

So far I have the following people staying:

RichardS (and Julia) CONFIRMED
TheRealNips (Single) CONFIRMED
Aff68 (and Susan) CONFIRMED
IanL (single) CONFIRMED

If anyone else wishes to stay, please reserve your room directly with the hotel.
Business Hotel in Warwick | Delta Hotels Warwick (marriott.co.uk)

See you there!

Richard

Edited by RichardS
Final hotel requirements....

I will be attending, but on my own as the wife has a project going live that week/weekend

• Like 1

On 24/09/2022 at 18:41, ianl said:

Im coming

Nice one Ian - are you staying on Saturday night? If so, have you booked your room, or shall I allocate one of my 6 to you pending other peoples' confirmations.....? 

On 24/09/2022 at 16:35, TheRealNips said:

I will be attending, but on my own as the wife has a project going live that week/weekend

Nice one Tom - I can try to convert your room to a single occupancy, it may save you a £ or two ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardS said:

Nice one Ian - are you staying on Saturday night? If so, have you booked your room, or shall I allocate one of my 6 to you pending other peoples' confirmations.....? 

I tried to book a room but couldnt work out how to book dinner with it, one of yours would be good, especially if it became single ocupancy

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, RichardS said:

Nice one Tom - I can try to convert your room to a single occupancy, it may save you a £ or two ? 

Yes please! Or change it to a twin for Ian and I to share....assuming Ian is ok for that ofcourse ???

• Haha 1

Richard...I am coming to the AGM...but will have to drive up Sunday...so I don't need a room!

I didn't think I had confirmed a room (?)...apologies if I did...so please let me know if there is a penalty for cancelling before cancelling!

Gary

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "Exaggeration is the enemy of credibility"

8 hours ago, GSC said:

Richard...I am coming to the AGM...but will have to drive up Sunday...so I don't need a room!

I didn't think I had confirmed a room (?)...apologies if I did...so please let me know if there is a penalty for cancelling before cancelling!

Gary

No probs Gary - I'll swap yours for Ian... ;-)

21 hours ago, ianl said:

I tried to book a room but couldnt work out how to book dinner with it, one of yours would be good, especially if it became single ocupancy

No worries Ian - you now have Gary's room, as he's not staying!

13 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

Yes please! Or change it to a twin for Ian and I to share....assuming Ian is ok for that ofcourse ???

LOL - probably easier to convert each one to single occupancy mate....

Believe me, it was hard enough reserving the number of rooms (overseas call centre) int he first place ? 

I think best to cancel my room please. I'll drive up on the Sunday morning (hopefully!). 

Reason being, as you'll see on my posts recently, the bumper damage messed up all my plans. The detailing shop said the paintwork would be sorted and the Z back to them so they can carry out their works, last Wednesday, which turned into Thursday, Friday, Monday and still not back yet... ?

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Raja93 said:

I think best to cancel my room please. I'll drive up on the Sunday morning (hopefully!). 

Reason being, as you'll see on my posts recently, the bumper damage messed up all my plans. The detailing shop said the paintwork would be sorted and the Z back to them so they can carry out their works, last Wednesday, which turned into Thursday, Friday, Monday and still not back yet... ?

Will do Raj...!

HOTEL ROOM UPDATE

This post refers to the hotel rooms only - not the event itself.....

RichardS (and Julia) CONFIRMED
TheRealNips (Single) CONFIRMED
Aff68 (and Susan) CONFIRMED
IanL (single) CONFIRMED

I will cancel the two spare rooms and add names to bookings.

Assuming we all want to persevere with the event; and that we'll have a few more peeps joining us on Sunday..... ? 

• Like 1