Interior Group Buy - an update.

He pretty much palmed me off when I suggested I changed my mind and fancied one of this fatter stock steering wheels. I told him not to bother in the end as he couldn't even be bothered to return my last message.

Have no idea what's happened to him lately. This group buy has turned into a bit of a sorry state of affairs, it's such a shame.

He has posted on his Facebook page.

He was in hospital two weeks ago and then collapsed as he walk out when released.

He has had a week of rest and is now back at work.

I have seen pictures of my centre console and glove box covered in leather, so for me it looks like my interior has been started.

It has been over three years so along time I know. Not on a rush now that the summer has gone. Hopefully have it all sorted for next year.

He has posted on his Facebook page.

He was in hospital two weeks ago and then collapsed as he walk out when released.

He has had a week of rest and is now back at work.

I have seen pictures of my centre console and glove box covered in leather, so for me it looks like my interior has been started.

It has been over three years so along time I know. Not on a rush now that the summer has gone. Hopefully have it all sorted for next year.

Hopefully sorted for next year? Next year being year number 4 since the group buy started...

Hats off to you guys. Patience of saints, all of you.

Let's address a few concerns here, shall we?

When I started this group buy - which, by the way, I sorely regret now - it was my way of giving something back to this community which has provided me with a lot of help and support over the last 7 years or thereabouts. I didn't anticipate that it would end up so badly delayed, which is simply bad planning on my part. And for that, I apologise.

There's been a lot of talk about how I'm quite difficult to get hold of. This is simply explained by the fact that there's only me involved in this business, which means I have to do all the work and deal with all the admin side of things as well. So, if my phone starts ringing and I'm up to my eyes in a seat or something, it'll probably get ignored because people understandably want their work finishing and returning to them. I hardly ever come on this forum now because it's pretty much dying a death and there are more worthwhile ways to spend my time. Working, for example...

One thing I'm NOT about to do, however, is screw anybody over! All this rubbish that's being discussed about me keeping Celica parts for year is just that - rubbish. I did some work for a Celica owner around 8 years ago and the parts were never collected from me. So I've been storing them all that time. The owner has since sold his project up and, without asking me what his parts were like after all that time, he sold them to another owner. That's not me stealing or refusing to return anything, so let's clarify that nonsense right away.

So far, three people in this group buy have had their jobs completed. Lee Young has his order back and presumably back in his car. Tom Morris has his back (bar a pair of armrests) and he actually has a nice shiny award to show for his wait! And, most recently, Paul Benson took delivery of his completed interior a couple of weeks ago. I currently have Stuart's (Scoobydoo's) full interior in my workshop and Richie K's entire car. Stuart's is in progress as we speak, as he's already confirmed, so there's 5 that are either finished or in progress.

What Stuart hasn't mentioned here, however, is that he's actually PLEASED about the delay as it's enabled him to change his spec to one that he'll be happier with! That doesn't justify the delay, not by any means, but it does show that not everybody is looking to tear my head off over it!

I can't understand why Simon Parsons is attempting to grind his axe here. I retrimmed a wheel for him a few years ago and I asked him at the time if he wanted the rim thickening up or not. He had a look at the wheel in my car and decided that he really didn't like the loss of definition on the spokes at all. So he messaged me recently-ish wanting front and rear pictures of a fattened wheel to see what he thought, even though he'd already seen and felt one. The only was I could've provided those pictures would be to take my own wheel off the car and photograph it, which simply wasn't going to happen. Now, he's also at least slightly aware of things that have been going on in my personal life over the last 16 months or so, but he still seemed to be of the mind that his photo request should trump everything else and, when it didn't and I stopped replying to him, he brings himself in here and begins sharpening his axe. He says he doesn't know what's happened to me but a quick glance at my personal Facebook page will tell him EXACTLY what's happened to me. For those of you who aren't privy to that, I'll elaborate here.

Last year, I was shipped off to the hospital for a chest X-ray as the GP suspected I might have lung cancer. Not much of a stretch, really - I've smoked for 30 years now. It turns out that I don't have lung cancer, but even just being hit with the possibility can knock you off your feet a little.

For the last 3 months now, I've been in and out of the GP's and the hospital while they try and work out if I have cancer and, if I do, where it is. They've ruled out testicular cancer, they've ruled out prostate cancer, they've ruled out kidney disease (although I do have a stone in my left kidney) and they've ruled out cancer of the bladder. They haven't ruled out penile cancer yet though. That said, I had a congenital health issue that I'm not about to go into here and I had years of surgery for that when I was very young. It looks as if that surgery has now started to fail, which means I'll probably have to go through it all again at some point. That won't be fun.

I went into hospital nearly 2 weeks ago for a supposed day procedure, but they kept me in overnight as my blood pressure kept climbing when I was in recovery. At its highest that evening, it was 188 / 139. Which is classed as a hypertensive emergency. They were all set to send me home the following day, until I collapsed outside the hospital and was unable to feel my hands, feet or lower jaw. My blood pressure at that point was 198 / 148. There were concerns that I'd had either a heart attack or a stroke. Luckily, it seems that neither of those happened at that point. They eventually sent me home on the third day, with blood pressure of 141 / 111, and ordered me to rest. But work needs to be done because people don't like to be disappointed so I was back at work Tuesday just gone.

Since being back at work, James Vernon's seats have been finished (he seems very happy with them from the photos he's seen) and I'm back on with Stuart's interior. Because, perhaps surprisingly, I want to get everyone's orders done so that, despite delays and health issues, the people involved can have the orders they placed and I can get away from this mindset of people thinking I've fled the country with their money and/or parts!

I've learned a lot the last couple of months. I've learned that some people I thought of as friends actually aren't. But the main thing I've learned is that, as only one man, I can't make everything happen when I want it to. The delays for this group buy fall squarely on my shoulder and, to all those affected, I apologise. All the work will get done and it'll get done just as fast as I can manage it. But that brings me to another point.

A few months ago now, I posted on here that my hard drive with all the details of this group buy had died a death and so I needed everyone to forward me whatever they had regarding it. To this day, only Richie K, Winnoze and Scoobydoo have done so! I can't really be held responsible for IT failures, which is why I made that request. So, if anyone else involved would like to furnish me with whatever they have regarding this group buy, that'd be a big help...

Jonce - either email me at enquiries@hidenseat.co.uk or ring me during business hours on 07860679243 and we'll have a discussion.

So there we have it. This is me holding my hands up and both apologising and explaining to a degree. Has everyone involved been incredibly patient? Yes, they most certainly have. Has it actually worked in some participants' favours? Yes, it most certainly has! Is it an acceptable way to do business? No, it definitely isn't. Am I about to rip everyone off and be yet another rogue trader in the very sad Z32 scene here in the UK? No... no, I most certainly am not!

If anyone would like to continue this, my contact details are above. It'd be nice if we could keep the vitriol to people who are actively involved in this group buy but, knowing how the Internet loves a good row, I fully expect to be dealing with all comers at some point...

I can't understand why Simon Parsons is attempting to grind his axe here. I retrimmed a wheel for him a few years ago and I asked him at the time if he wanted the rim thickening up or not. He had a look at the wheel in my car and decided that he really didn't like the loss of definition on the spokes at all. So he messaged me recently-ish wanting front and rear pictures of a fattened wheel to see what he thought, even though he'd already seen and felt one. The only was I could've provided those pictures would be to take my own wheel off the car and photograph it, which simply wasn't going to happen. Now, he's also at least slightly aware of things that have been going on in my personal life over the last 16 months or so, but he still seemed to be of the mind that his photo request should trump everything else and, when it didn't and I stopped replying to him, he brings himself in here and begins sharpening his axe. He says he doesn't know what's happened to me but a quick glance at my personal Facebook page will tell him EXACTLY what's happened to me. For those of you who aren't privy to that, I'll elaborate here.

Oh for Pete's sake, the attitude!!...I only requested 1 photo of a retrimmed fattened wheel as it had been a long while since I saw one and my mind had changed, the message stream was all of 3 or 4 messages...! I therefore asked and extremely politely wanting one doing which you seemed lacking in interest of doing. There was nothing in there suggesting that it should 'trump' anything else and that's absolutely absurd to even suggest that and to suggest that twice!!? You gave me the brush off from the first message about it and seemingly had little interest in wanting to help further, as a customer that's not really what I wanted to experience, so after a while of waiting (we literally exchanged a few messages - no epic here), I told you not to bother. There was no 'trumping attitude' what so ever and I can't believe you'd suggest that! Quite ridiculous.

Communication lacks which highlights everything that's been going on here. I appreciate, as we all do that people have other situations in life that get in the way, however all of this this has been going on for a considerable amount of time and a number of people for quite a period of time have found it difficult to get any information from you.

I don't have an 'axe to grind', I was questioning your willingness to communicate and now my removal from your Facebook friends list....? Really....REALLY??

All that was needed was some communication and update on this thread, your last communique on the forum for your group buy being nearly a year ago. I'm glad you've come on here to respond and appreciate your update, thank you. :)

Edited by Funkysi

Good to hear from you Mondo and thats what all the guys on the group buy want some communication. You might think we are "dying a death" here but you still need to stay in touch of your group buy thread for updates. Sorry to hear its been very hard for you health wise and I hope you make a full recovery we do care for you and certainly do not want to fall out and hope you can come back to the club which is now smaller in numbers but still a great place for z32 owners.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:42 PM, winnoze said:

"Jonce - either email me at enquiries@hidenseat.co.uk or ring me during business hours on 07860679243 and we'll have a discussion."

Does this apply to anyone else in the Group Buy also? Hoping your health improves, mate

I would think it would mate 

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

• 4 months later...

Another update. As most of you follow Mondo on his Facebook page and are following this forum sites Facebook page, you will have seen the pics he has posted showing that my interior has now been fully completed. 
Going to pick it all up next weekend can’t wait to see it all in it’s leather glory. 
It won’t go in straight away as I have decided to redo a load of wiring fit a car alarm oh and get the car resprayed, better to get it all done before interior goes in. 
I will post pics when the car is all back together.

Then after four years of no stereo and two years of it being off the road, I might actually get to drive her and try out the manual box me and a mate fitted last year. 
happy times, hopefully a good year and if any shows go ahead might get to a few. ???

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scoobydoo67 said:

Another update. As most of you follow Mondo on his Facebook page and are following this forum sites Facebook page, you will have seen the pics he has posted showing that my interior has now been fully completed. 
Going to pick it all up next weekend can’t wait to see it all in it’s leather glory. 
It won’t go in straight away as I have decided to redo a load of wiring fit a car alarm oh and get the car resprayed, better to get it all done before interior goes in. 
I will post pics when the car is all back together.

Then after four years of no stereo and two years of it being off the road, I might actually get to drive her and try out the manual box me and a mate fitted last year. 
happy times, hopefully a good year and if any shows go ahead might get to a few. ???

Nice one mate - thanks for sharing the update.... I look forward to seeing the pics in due course.:classic_cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Can’t wait mate tbh. It has been such a long time with it sat on the drive and getting wet and grimy. I think I have washed it more times than the number of miles I have driven in the last two years with her. 
But I am building a garage so when she is back from paint she will be under cover. 
will need MOT and exhaust sorting (as I don’t want the large bore exit anymore, a more refined quad exit is required) then a trip to Jimmer for a health check before she is allowed on the open road. 
Happy but expensive times. ?

• Like 2