White UK 300 on eBay

Re : the wheels, are you sure someone hasn't just put one front wheel on the rear....or replaced a rear with a front or JDM spec wheel (same as UK front wheels). There's an inch difference in width.

I doubt it sits 20cm further in, that's very nearly the length of a ruler. I guess you meant 20mm? An inch is around 20mm.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look very similar except the rear wheels on UK cars have a slight concave design. To the untrained eye, someone without knowledge mighten not notice the difference at a glance. I've seen people put the wheels on back to front, the wrong sides (yes they're handed also), so just check that. If you're unsure, post a photo of both sides from an off-centre view.

I am sorry to see that this has not gone well for you.

I see you have started a breaking thread for the car.

I hope you realise the enormity of that task. The 300ZX is a large and fairly complex car for its era.

Nissan were experts at hiding screws and fixings that makes stripping a long and tedious task.

You will spend many many tens of hours on this plus the time to photo parts and communicate with buyers.

Then there is the logistics of buying packaging materials, wrapping, weighing and measuring and getting quotes for shipping.

There are a range of couriers some of whom have "drop off" locations for smaller items. Larger and heavier items need to be picked up.

Having someone at the collection address all day for one pickup is a tedious job in itself.

Maximising your return of money requires some knowledge of the 300ZX parts market. It's very easy to end up selling a small low value part that really should be sold as part of a larger kit or set of parts and to spend a lot of time doing so.

All the above written IMHO and intended to be helpful not critical.

I appreciate the honest advice.

However I have little choice.

I don't plan to completely break the car, once I have 're coupes my £2000 it will stop at that point and go to car heaven

They look very similar except the rear wheels on UK cars have a slight concave design. To the untrained eye, someone without knowledge mighten not notice the difference at a glance. I've seen people put the wheels on back to front, the wrong sides (yes they're handed also), so just check that. If you're unsure, post a photo of both sides from an off-centre view.

Hi.

I've had the wheels off today. Both are 45 offset and 9 inch wide.

I have now measured with a spirit level from the top centre of each arch lip to the hub centre and again there is a difference of 20mm. With the passenger side having the bigger gap.

My local body shop have said it's not unheard of for rear quarter panels to be installed with a slight bulge so I have done lots of detailed measuring today.

It would appear the passenger rear quarter panel has been replaced looking at the overspray, and spot welds the latter don't exactly match the unmarked drivers side.

There does seem to be 10mm difference between the quarter panels again passenger side protrudes 10mm more from every point if measured from areas inside the arch ie disc and hub centre.

I have noticed the drivers side shock has moved in towards the centre of the car 10mm as you will see by the ring around it in the picture.

As for the chassis, I cannot find anywhere that it measures incorrectly. I can't work it out it's spot on underneath.

Passenger rear shock

20180606_105501.jpg

Drivers rear ago, note it's not located where the original marks are, it measures 10mm in to the centre of the car.

Could this cause the wheel to be set on ever so slightly?

20180606_105509.jpg

The measurement between front and rear hub centres is identical on both sides

Re : the wheels, are you sure someone hasn't just put one front wheel on the rear....or replaced a rear with a front or JDM spec wheel (same as UK front wheels). There's an inch difference in width.

I doubt it sits 20cm further in, that's very nearly the length of a ruler. I guess you meant 20mm? An inch is around 20mm.

This car has aftermarket wheels on Simon.

Does anyone know if the twin turbo engine and manual conversion from my white 300 would go straight into a SWB z?

I might have found a way to still have a manual twin turbo using another non turbo auto if it's not too much work

Yes is the short answer but there will be some faffing about as there’s absent brackets in the NA she’ll for things like intercooler pipework, minor issue. It’s a big undertaking though. The propshaft won’t be suitable.

Ah ok thanks. If it's a really big job then that's not suitable for me.

If it was a simple strip and 're fit that would have been something I would have considered

Ah ok thanks. If it's a really big job then that's not suitable for me.

If it was a simple strip and 're fit that would have been something I would have considered

I wouldn’t call it a really big job as such, nothing hard just long winded and dirty. I don’t know your skill level or what tools or facilities you have. It’s not an afternoons work, you’d say it could be done in a weekend but without the knowledge or tools your going to doing lots of swearing and scouting the internet.

Hi Guys....Just joined forum yesterday.....Hope i'm using this site correctly....NEVER been on a site like this before !!...(pensioner)

Bought a Z32 1991 n/a auto SWB.....a few weeks ago !

Is there a 300zx member up here in the Midlands area....I need to know where to get a few body spares from !......Is there a way I can look for 300ZX Club Members on this site ?

In Anticipation......WOBBLIE

PS is STILL like going quick.....Subaru WRX Forester....& Yamaha V-Max !!!

Hi Guys....Just joined forum yesterday.....Hope i'm using this site correctly....NEVER been on a site like this before !!...(pensioner)

Bought a Z32 1991 n/a auto SWB.....a few weeks ago !

Is there a 300zx member up here in the Midlands area....I need to know where to get a few body spares from !......Is there a way I can look for 300ZX Club Members on this site ?

In Anticipation......WOBBLIE

PS is STILL like going quick.....Subaru WRX Forester....& Yamaha V-Max !!!

Welcome Mal and why not start a thread with some pics of your new Z.

• 2 months later...
Hi Gaz how do you start a new thread,many thanks Mark

The forum is divided up into different category's so click on the category that suits what you need to discuss.

Then you will see a blue line with forum tools click on it and a drop down menu will appear. Click on post new thread.

A new page will open for you to put the title of your thread and what ever you want to say under that.

When finished go to the bottom of the page and click on submit new thread.

Hope this helps.

I've just been informed too. I already know people who refuse to deal with him now for one reason or another.

I'm not too sure if he uses the forum and if he does, what his username is, but the level of asshattery with this character has now gone off the scale.

His username is very similar to his name, cannot be hard to find, ends in 70.