Carbon Fibre Scuttle Panel posible group buy. Register of interest

OK guys so carrying on from the discussions in another thread its clear that a few people are interested in buying a set of Carbon Scuttles.

From initial discussions with the manufacturer we would need at least 5 sets to make this viable, cost per set is circa £200-£220.

These will be "All Carbon Fibre" unlike others that are fibreglass with a carbon top face.

So if you would like to maybe participate in a group buy please register your interest and we will build a list.

I will then get the ball rolling as and when enough people have signed up.

I have a pair of very good condition OEM scuttles that will be used to take the mold from so they should fit very nicely.

I am hoping that the large gaps between the ribs can be improved upon too.

1. Ian Greenfield

2. Graham (Gray)

3. TonyB

4. TMogsy

5. Richie K ?

6. Therealnips ?

7. BigH

8. Toolboxtrev

9. Car.mad

10 jjr

11. Eddz32tt

12. Jason.300zx

Edited by Iangreenfield

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys so carrying on from the discussions in another thread its clear that a few people are interested in buying a set of Carbon Scuttles.

From initial discussions with the manufacturer we would need at least 5 sets to make this viable, cost per set is circa £200-£220.

These will be "All Carbon Fibre" unlike others that are fibreglass with a carbon top face.

So if you would like to maybe participate in a group buy please register your interest and we will build a list.

I will then get the ball rolling as and when enough people have signed up.

I have a pair of very good condition OEM scuttles that will be used to take the mold from so they should fit very nicely.

I am hoping that the large gaps between the ribs can be improved upon too.

1. Ian Greenfield

2. Graham

Guys regarding payment, i'm at the list stage right now I have to firm things up with the manufacturer so you have some time to get some pennies saved. Once I have a timescale for manufacture ill get back to you with a date to get started.

Sounds like a plan Ian, thanks for arranging this.

not wanting to spoil this thread but i feel i must make people aware of the ones made in the past which came back with the Rib gaps far too big and they looked terrible as you could see the scuttle body underneath. I had a pair and actually put them in the bin :( Ian iff you feel this post is not needed then PM me and i will delete.

not wanting to spoil this thread but i feel i must make people aware of the ones made in the past which came back with the Rib gaps far too big and they looked terrible as you could see the scuttle body underneath. I had a pair and actually put them in the bin :( Ian iff you feel this post is not needed then PM me and i will delete.

You may be referring to the synergy carbon scuttles which are available to purchase if anybody didn't see my what did you do... today post.

If you opt for the slotted ones, they are cut afterwards, as opposed to a mould of them initially from the original such as what I think Ian is going for. Of course when this happens they are bigger slots and not contoured and blended like they should be (also cost more).

See:

16427625_1419775441444395_6709537347693692328_n.jpg?oh=1b67b520186f4b610faefc1812d0a01f&oe=593699E5

So if this group buy turns to be a success, they should be better and cheaper than the synergy ones, but we'll have to see.

You may be referring to the synergy carbon scuttles which are available to purchase if anybody didn't see my what did you do... today post.

If you opt for the slotted ones, they are cut afterwards, as opposed to a mould of them initially from the original such as what I think Ian is going for. Of course when this happens they are bigger slots and not contoured and blended like they should be (also cost more).

See:

16427625_1419775441444395_6709537347693692328_n.jpg?oh=1b67b520186f4b610faefc1812d0a01f&oe=593699E5

So if this group buy turns to be a success, they should be better and cheaper than the synergy ones, but we'll have to see.

Alic,

z nut is referring to a GB some years ago. I also bought pair of these, and as mentioned the slots were on the large side, and showed a lot of the bulkhead below. I ended up selling mine due to needing funds for something else. Hopefully these ones will not have a similar problem.

i was going to go for the ones from Synergy in the US, but they will be far more expensive than the units Ian is proposing.

Alic,

z nut is referring to a GB some years ago. I also bought pair of these, and as mentioned the slots were on the large side, and showed a lot of the bulkhead below. I ended up selling mine due to needing funds for something else. Hopefully these ones will not have a similar problem.

i was going to go for the ones from Synergy in the US, but they will be far more expensive than the units Ian is proposing.

Ah okay, Larger than those holes :shock:

Ive arranged to take oem scuttles over to work from and finalise the design etc so moving forward.

Im also going to get the throttle cable cover done too to make a nice set.

The fan cover will come later too

Throttle cover and fan shroud:drool:

• 1 month later...