Stephen

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great day out, weather was superb and the array of cars so nice to see. Nice to see so many Zeds and meet some new owners as well.

Can't wait to see Joel's videos as well once he get back home, and works his magic.

What a disaster! It really is time to go manual Russ.

Or sell up after 16 years of ownership....... now weighing up my options..... If I can't find a low mileage working NA Auto box for the right price.... a good recon unit or even a brand new Auto Transmission.....

I may consider cutting my losses!

I can't keep throwing money and time at her and getting nowhere.... It has now been 2 years since my last outing without the transmission failing!

If she sits unused for too long then she will just rot on my driveway again. So I need to make up my mind if my heart is still in it...

Thanks to Dave (Tomomontana) and Chris (Chrisbasildon) for your help above and beyond to get me to Beaulieu..... I really appreciate it...

Jimmer has a genuine 30k autobox. You'd have to speak to him and see if it's in your budget. But seriously a manual box will stop your repeated problems. Fitting another autobox unless it's a seriously good one will land you back here, it's just a case of when. Sadly.

Or sell up after 16 years of ownership....... now weighing up my options..... If I can't find a low mileage working NA Auto box for the right price.... a good recon unit or even a brand new Auto Transmission.....

I may consider cutting my losses!

I often think about it myself (although it's more due to this antimotoring shithole I live in) but I'm sure you know you'll regret it for the rest of your life. This club alone has shown me owning a Z32 is a lifestyle.

What a fantastic day [emoji41] The fam and myself thoroughly enjoyed it again, utterly spoilt by the weather, a seriously good collection of cars, an unbeatable venue for value and things to do and to top it all off, people voted a 300zx as their favourite! When I saw that NSX pull up next to me I had already thrown in the towel, that machine was a petrolheads dream! I heard the guy paid 120k for it but regardless of the price tag, the car had some serious presence so when they announced the winner I was genuinely gobsmacked! At the risk of sounding big headed, it was like Coventry all over again, speechless!

Thankyou to everyone that voted, thankyou to all the members that made the day, thankyou to the club for being awesome! (not a recognised "club" with insurance companies? Pfff) thankyou to Stephen for the efforts and organising and thankyou to Jimmer for building this beast all those years ago; still going strong!

Excluding the elation of winning the top prize amongst the 1200 cars and 2500 people (there goes the head expansion again!), this show is hands down the best show on the calendar and I urge anyone considering making the trip; DO IT! My only criticism, where were the blinking banners! [emoji16]

Edited by Joely P

My only criticism, where were the blinking banners! [emoji16]

South Central has no Banner, previously we've shared it with the South West seeing me and Si doing some legwork to ensure the banner arrives. Sadly sick note didn't attend and that left us bannerless. Point taken though & it really probably is about time SC got its own banner.

Was good to see some old faces again. And some not so old. Congratulations to Joel for winning (another) trophy.

The owner of said NSX can be seen bottom right, hands on hips with rather excitingly coloured trainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Really want to go to one of these

Only one way to solve that I'm afraid...

South Central has no Banner, previously we've shared it with the South West seeing me and Si doing some legwork to ensure the banner arrives. Sadly sick note didn't attend and that left us bannerless. Point taken though & it really probably is about time SC got its own banner.

Banners are now getting moved about with one for Osty1 in East Anglia (thanks Ian G) and trying to get the one from Noz. But as you said Si was ill so this show missed out on a banner. May be next year you should have the clubs two large banners for this big show.

Banners are now getting moved about with one for Osty1 in East Anglia (thanks Ian G) and trying to get the one from Noz. But as you said Si was ill so this show missed out on a banner. May be next year you should have the clubs two large banners for this big show.

That would be good Gaz. The event is growing at a real rate both for us and Beaulieu themselves. It's always been a group clumping between here, Zclub and 350Uk under Zclubs name due to the wide model mix. Next year there will be a slight change in that it will officially become "300zx club invites Zclub and 350uk to Simply Japanese 2017".

I think the NSX was spoiled by all the mods on it. It would of done well at a show like JAE but not at a classic show.

I wouldn't class the Simply event as a "classic show" as it does still attract a large proportion of heavily modified cars, probably not far off the ratio of that seen at JAE. However the crowds visiting are a lot more family orientated due to the venue so I guess that would've had an impact on votes. I also think times are changing with people's tastes and opinions on F&F inspired upgrades. It would've been interesting to see the exact voting results but they wouldn't disclose them, all they would tell me was that there was 1200 cars, 2500 people which is significantly more than previous years.

I'm told the NSX is was actually an original RITMO race car and the owner paid 120k for it but I didn't get the chance to speak to the owner to find out.

Edited by Joely P

I wouldn't class the Simply event as a "classic show" as it does still attract a large proportion of heavily modified cars, probably not far off the ratio of that seen at JAE. However the crowds visiting are a lot more family orientated due to the venue so I guess that would've had an impact on votes. I also think times are changing with people's tastes and opinions on F&F inspired upgrades. It would've been interesting to see the exact voting results but they wouldn't disclose them, all they would tell me was that there was 1200 cars, 2500 people which is significantly more than previous years.

I'm told the NSX is was actually an original RITMO race car and the owner pod 120k for it but I didn't get the chance to speak to the owner to find out.

Point taken JP and I'm sure I've seen that NSX in a jap mag about a year ago.