Storms that hit southern England last night.

So who got hit by them last night then? It was pretty exciting here. I woke up to thunder and lighting, once I realised it was bad I admitted defeat and got up. This would have been about 11-12. So I went to find the dog who was hiding under the dinner table, he hates thunder. Dog secure onto the cat. Found a wet rat under his sleeping tree and dragged him in, the wife then towel dried him and he turned back into a cat. Again secure and happy. What about the chickens she says, I reply just have to wait till morning. By this point the lightweight summer jacket I had on was drenched, I'm talking I was bath tub wet within less than two minutes. I needed to check the house, cars etc because by now the road had turned into a river. I'm not exaggerating here. I left my wet shorts on and dug out my proper coat, at least I wasn't going to get wet and cold up top, the bottom half was going to get wet again yet. Thankfully my house sits right back so all the cars were out the torrent. The cars in the road though were halfway upto the bonnet outside and further down the hill some were over it. I then spent about 15 minutes redirecting a handful of cars that had got caught in it. Stood in the middle of the road upto your thighs, with strong winds and fork lighting is quite surreal. It soon passed though and you could feel the rain ease off and hear the storm rolling off. Within 10 minutes, short of a few branches and debris you would never have guessed it had happened. The water was gone.

Looking at the news there was little warning and this ripped across southern England bringing trees down and flooding with it. It was pretty good here. A proper storm.

Hope everyone's ok this morning and that it doesn't cause to much disruption.