zed prices rising

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check this out I would be really interested to see if the car is as perfect as the seller claims.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C552619

Z32 prices in mainland-Europe are near double what they are in the UK. Generally you'll see prices of French ones at the very top around 10,000 - 12,000 euro for a nice clean one. Interesting to note the colour of this Belgian registered car. I didn't know that the euro mainland got different colours to those offered in the UK. Cherry red pearl is a pretty rare colour.

UK prices of really good Twin Turbo manuals seem to be ever-so-slowly increasing. Prices of NA and Auto variants seem to have stabalised.

Edited by Funkysi

A bit of delusion in this one!

Goes without saying that any car in perfect condition, History etc. will command a greater price, but even though our European and US cousins drive on the wrong side! and would suit this car (LHD) I don't believe it has the desirability effect given the cars current market presence.

There have been a number of "good" examples sold recently and the very highest of these only managed £10K!...you never know though!, right buyer right time and anything is possible.

I don't quite understand why the zed price isn't as high as even the 200's seem to be fetching higher prices its only because it makes it some what more difficult to insure the car for a high enough agreed value i will have to start talking to insurance companies soon see what i can get as I will need a minimum of 10k for insurance anyone know of some good ones to start with.

I think it has something more to do with the fact what we already have here. We got access to the grey import cars, the availability of the Skyline meant the Z was considered by many as the poor relation; personally I've always wanted a Z32, I could quite easily afford a Skyline, but the looks, noise and exclusivity have made the Z32 more desirable over the Skyline.

Z32s in Europe are pretty much without rival within Nissan, most of them, with the exception of a small handful of American imports are Twin Turbos. There are very few Skylines in Europe.

The markets are very different.

I love skylines always wanted an r32 gtr... But it would have to be aswell as a z32, after buying a zed as a stop gap whilst I looked for a good s13 and now completely converted to them, there's not many cars I'd swap mys zed's for.

Amen to that, there's a lot of cars I want/like but I wouldn't swap for the zed. I would be hard pushed to purchase anything that had the same appeal as a z32 and have a steering wheel on the right side.

As said though UK prices are in the rise, the snot is starting to run out. Once the crap has run out there's no reason that prices won't become even stronger esp with the increasing numbers of higher power z32s, that alone makes them competitive with skylines. The VG30 is a better engine than an RB we just need to prove that here in the UK.

It's simple supply and demand, The more 300Zx's you "break" for parts the less running cars that are available so prices will rise.

How many good 300zx's are available at the moment, if you have a good one keep it, it is a classic but just looks too good for anyone to believe that it is 25 years old!

thats quite interesting mate but as far as the accuracy it would depend on what time of the year the list was compiled as some zed owners only tax there vehicle for 6 months out of the year, But they certainly are becoming thin on the ground at least for a nice one as most of us restore our cars up the power and look after and keep them mint and never intend to sell I know that once my next zed is finished i prob wouldn't swap it for anything not even a Ferrari, well maybe i would but i would be selling that building a new zed and banking the rest :)

thats quite interesting mate but as far as the accuracy it would depend on what time of the year the list was compiled as some zed owners only tax there vehicle for 6 months out of the year, But they certainly are becoming thin on the ground at least for a nice one as most of us restore our cars up the power and look after and keep them mint and never intend to sell I know that once my next zed is finished i prob wouldn't swap it for anything not even a Ferrari, well maybe i would but i would be selling that building a new zed and banking the rest :)

Bare in mind that how many left does also include the vehicles sorn'd, as they are still registered just registered as not on the road. There has been a dramatic drop of in what is available (I still look from time to time...!) and there certainly isn't much I would buy these days.

As said above LHD cars always have a huge price premium which is why there is the odd RHD car purchased in the UK and taken abroad. However i think i'm correct in saying that only original UK cars can go across the channel and take up a new life due to the testing requirements.

and there carn't be many of them left uk car's i mean i look as well just to see whats been offered for sale and as i now know iits better the devil you know at least if you take a shell and start from scratch you know what has and hasn't been done. and i didn't know that only a uk car could go abroad thats interesting.

Jspec cars can be imported to France, it's just a lot more complex than importing a UK spec car. It's to do with kite marks or the like that were applied for the Euro market. I believe it's rather expensive, where as my parents both imported their cars to France and it was overly complex.

IMHO I dont think prices have done anything!

In britain we are badge snobs!

I dont care about the price of my Z, only if it goes wrong:scared:

Sure its not a Lambo or a Ferrari, but it gives me a great deal of pleasure:)

& when we take the Z out how many glances do we get?

Ive not seen another Z in Folkestone for more than 6 months! But seen 6 Ferrari's in that time:yes:

Um! Would like to know why so fixated on the rise in the price of ur Zs?

Didn't get my Z because of price!

I imported it because it looked clean & tidy

Keep ur UK model but my grey import is great!

I paid £6000 for a UK model ten years ago! U get a ukZ for £6000? Ur avin a laugh

Love my import love my Z!

Don't care it's a Nissan! It's a great looking, boy racer kick arse car!

Lovin it!!

Because....

Increasing value helps with declared value and subsequent insurance payout. If you have sunk xxxxx into your zed then some oik crashes into it at it has a market value if £1k which was certibatly the case a few years ago unless you managed to get an agreed value that's all your going to get. Higher market value, better chance of greater renumeration.

Overal market price, particularly the top end is a good indication of the cars profile. As an owners club part of our interests is to see the car WE believe to be a great piece of machinery experience the notetiriatry that it deserves, increasing prices indicate increased desirability, ie it's going well. Thats a massive subject and constantly on going. The Z32 has a bad rep that needs shaking, last two years it's having that rep well and truly shaken, that is in part reflected by the increased monetary value of them.

The more the Z32 is worth and respected the more likely it is to be looked after, by that I don't just mean garage queens but cars that are used aswel not just an ornament to grow mould on falling apart on some chavs drive. Maintaince costs are forcing ownership away from those who can't afford to run and maintain them properly and ensures that they go to or remain with people who can and do. That is occuring, the numbers of wreckers is falling and the numbers of quality well maintained zcars is in the rise. With the average standard being higher and the average quality higher the reputation is higher. Most peoples experiences with Z32s that don't like them is with with beat up examples, you won't get a good impression that way. The new owners and older owners of these good example will be prepared to invest higher as the car is worth more, it's easier to swallow spending £3k to fix a car worth £10k than one worth £1k.

In short, price is only important if you wish to sell. However it has other offsets and is a good indication of the cars public profile which is a key interest in any car club. Also it's not a boy racer car :lol: boy racers can't insure let alone run a z32 they by Saxos, still yes and may upgrade if you consider is that to a civic maybe one with vtec yo.

Enjoy your zed art look after it and remember it's an appricating classic.

Um! Would like to know why so fixated on the rise in the price of ur Zs?

Didn't get my Z because of price!

I imported it because it looked clean & tidy

Keep ur UK model but my grey import is great!

I paid £6000 for a UK model ten years ago! U get a ukZ for £6000? Ur avin a laugh��

Love my import love my Z!

Don't care it's a Nissan! It's a great looking, boy racer kick arse car!

Lovin it!!

Dude, I think you're slightly missing the point. No one is 'fixated' with the price, this thread is merely a discussion point and to be honest, it IS important and values rise for insurance purposes and for selling reasons.

Yeah, super clean low mileage UK Twin Turbo manuals go for £5k-£6k now if you can find one!! 5 years ago they were worth between £3.5k -£4.5k, they are slowly appreciated in value! Also, just because the values may not appear to be that which they were 10 years ago, doesn't mean they aren't appreciating, the bottom dropped out of their market about 5 years ago, since then, values HAVE been slowly appreciating.

I also don't know why you're interjecting it with comments regarding badge snobbery and 'I don't care that it's a Nissan' comment !

:)

Edited by Funkysi