1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

I can under stand a polished one fades but chrome wont am doing it sod it

It can still surface rust like tools/sockets and leave a million finger prints lol...ever had a chrome kettle/toaster I did once the misses chucked them out pretty quick they seemed to show everything,

It will looking stunning but you will have to polish it still and never bloody touch it, mirrors are the same can never get rid of every bloody smear....

Jason's was triple chrome. I believe normal chrome plenums end up looking terrible after a while.

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

Jason's was triple chrome. I believe normal chrome plenums end up looking terrible after a while.

I know he was complaining about the up keep and his not scared of a bit of cleaning lol...

But his powder coated it candy red and I think it stands out more then the chrome, and easy to maintain.

triple chrome ?

Must be triple plated or something like that, I think u can get different grades,

I had my bro in law powder coat a strut brace for me and I didn't know u could do this but he 2k base coat the colour I wanted and then powder coat lacquered it,

So u can have literally colour coded or any colour, and most places charge about 100quid I bet that chrome plenum will be about 300 quid.

Guest dan300zx

I see I have my heart set in it now just looks great plus you never really see it on 300s everyone is powder coat so be nice to change

I see I have my heart set in it now just looks great plus you never really see it on 300s everyone is powder coat so be nice to change

Dan, mine was triple chrome plated about 6 years ago mate, and still looks ,,,,AWSOOOOOOOOOME BUD

Cheerz

Chris

It was always my plan to use the bespoke made polished aluminium plinth and mount a TWIN TURBO decal on it, like the ones I have for the rear, so therefore similar to the OEM TT one.

However, having bought a pair of these NISMO ones I had a brainwave today and with the bit of red matching my colour scheme the decal just about fit on my homemade plinth, so here it is, applied with heat resistant flexible clear silicone, I must also had that once all is fit my strut brace will in fact hide 75% of this !!!!

DSC03108.jpg

Guest dan300zx

terry is that candy blue ?

- - - Updated - - -

It was always my plan to use the bespoke made polished aluminium plinth and mount a TWIN TURBO decal on it, like the ones I have for the rear, so therefore similar to the OEM TT one.

However, having bought a pair of these NISMO ones I had a brainwave today and with the bit of red matching my colour scheme the decal just about fit on my homemade plinth, so here it is, applied with heat resistant flexible clear silicone, I must also had that once all is fit my strut brace will in fact hide 75% of this !!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79763[/ATTACH]

[/Q

I have to say it does look very nice mate

Used studs and dome nuts in all the holes,

Looks really nice,

I used a nismo sticker thing on my plenum too lol..

Yeah thanks for that Terry, took you all of one minute.......spoiling my guessing game, the two on the right do hold a bracket so I guess the reason in their wisdom NISSAN used bolts here instead of flange nuts, my dome nuts are nyloc ones so do bring out the stud when you undo !!!

Edited by phutumsch
correct an error.

Yeah thanks for that Terry, took you all of one minute.......spoiling my guessing game, the two on the right do hold a bracket so I guess the reason in their wisdom NISSAN used flange nuts, my dome nuts are nyloc ones so do bring out the stud when you undo !!!

Lol I can delete before everyone sees it sorry...

Guest dan300zx
Yeah thanks for that Terry, took you all of one minute.......spoiling my guessing game, the two on the right do hold a bracket so I guess the reason in their wisdom NISSAN used flange nuts, my dome nuts are nyloc ones so do bring out the stud when you undo !!!

when they sand blasted you camshaft covers did you remove the inside of cam cover the oil splash guard things as the grit would get traped on the insides was told you need to do this when getting them blasted ?

I removed mine and got some tiny allen head bolts and drilled holes and tapped them in the places where the rivets were but in a couple of places I had to have no rivets or bolts cause u will drill through the rocker cover,

I also used some silicon like the factory to put the baffle back on,

I don't think jason removed his but made sure they were masked right.

Edited by Terry

Guest dan300zx

even if a bit a grit got in there them he run the car the oild mite bring it out a little grit can do a lot of damage

even if a bit a grit got in there them he run the car the oild mite bring it out a little grit can do a lot of damage

Not really an issue Dan...the 1st port of call for debri draining down to the sump is the oil filter and there it stays. Ide be more concerned of clearing the inside of plenum of grit as this goes straight to the bores. Plenty of detergant and a pressure washer inside should clear any corner trapped shite.