Heads off, Engine in?

Hi all,

I need to do head gasket on the old girl.

I know the best way is to pull the engine but I haven't got the space to do it. I'm on a small drive with no rear access so everything has to stay in car or go through house to shed :(

I see from the online manual that it can be done with the engine in but was wondering if anyone on here has actually done it and what, if any, problems they had.

Cheers

Nick.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi all,

I need to do head gasket on the old girl.

I know the best way is to pull the engine but I haven't got the space to do it. I'm on a small drive with no rear access so everything has to stay in car or go through house to shed :(

I see from the online manual that it can be done with the engine in but was wondering if anyone on here has actually done it and what, if any, problems they had.

Cheers

Nick.

Do you have an NA or TT?

The manifolds are a knob to unbolt with the turbos on with the engine on a stand. So I would assume you would need to remove the turbos aswel as the plenums etc, time and effort wise it's simply not worth it. Can you not do the work somewhere else?

Can't really do it elsewhere car is on sorn. Does sound like too much grief with engine in.

Gonna have to resort to plan B.

Any ideas how I can get an engine through my house into garden :biggrin: