Zedworld October IMPORTANT Announcement

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No winners in this when a deal goes wrong.

With respect Gary we have lost a hell of a lot more than a simple deal gone wrong it extends much, much farther than that

But time for everybody to move forward and put this behind them.

your kidding will take an age to get back to where we was 6 months ago!

This is not an insignificant blip in our business and private life its a huge blow to us, but with near 14 years in continual business we are not going to let crazy course this deal took continue to heap more pain and stress onto what is the normal hassles that self employment brings.

Jeff TT

Shit Jeff. I was hoping it wouldn't have come to this as I know after speaking to you and Lynda when I was last up how much you were looking forward to retiring and moving and all the issues that you were going through with this 'deal'. I'll pop in sometime this week or the next to see you. On a plus note, the Z community has retained a irreplaceable person...for a little longer!

This is not an insignificant blip in our business and private life its a huge blow to us, but with near 14 years in continual business we are not going to let crazy course this deal took continue to heap more pain and stress onto what is the normal hassles that self employment brings.

Jeff TT

Yes I know your hurting Jeff and need to speak out My opinion is only my opinion and I dont know the full extent of what went on and what went wrong plus the damage it caused. But moving on is the only way forward and I wish you and Zedworld the best for the future.

James is a "friend of mine" :(

that was looking for a Biz to invest in

when i announced early on this year about wanting to change Biz Jeff contacted me about wanting to retire

Me and James was going to buy the Biz together all was Fine as it looked until around Mid>end of july

when the Delay on Funds and my position with in the biz venture changed

from then on James and Jeff had been dealing Direct .. Well Jeff trying to and james started to be

like the scarlet pimpenle ..

this is where things when from bad to worse

Hi Jeff & Lynda, so sorry to hear this and to hear how stressful this has been for you both. Nothing worse than false promises! Well they always say things happen for a reason. I hope something really good comes out from all of this in time to come for you both, you both deserve it. In the meantime we are all lucky to have Zedworld back under your control. I wish you all the very best. :)

OH SHIT!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess.

I've been in a similar boat with a so called mate. Some people are just greedy and don't care who they mess around.

Best of luck to everyone involved.

Andy

Ok so now that my Name has been Posted about this i need to State a few Things ... and Facts about my Part in this

on the first meeting that me / James and Jeff had a meeting

my part in this was Half ownership

all was fine with the deal for 3 weeks there abouts before Problems started to rise

one with the Fund on the Other Party in with the Biz ( James )

he was going to be a silent partner in all this ...

well things changed alot he wanted the biz for him self and i would be Running it as a Manager/Tech

so my roll with in the biz had changed some what ... Quit pissed with this but Hay i thought i will have a Job still ...

so Bare in mind I Shut my Owner Biz down in june for this new venture

well after one problem after another with the Biz Backer on Funds being there to pay Jeff

it has not happen

I my self have been let down on a Promise of Job and more ..

Well we are in Oct and i have been out of work now for 3 months

with No Pay/wage or Job in site .. I my self is in Huge Shite with £££££££

i am very sorry for Jeff and Lynda that the way things have gone with James on the sale of the Biz

but i have all ways been forth coming with any info that i knew off and Never Lied to any one !

if any excuses or lies told it was on James side .. Not mine

I'm very sorry for any one that was involved in this no matter how small

and its been a very large learning curve knowing/trusting who really are your friends !

the only person that gets of lightly with this is James

and here i am defending my corner and trying not to be desecrated

but looks like the damage has been done .. Jeff / Lynda & Me

Mark

sorry to hear this . i wasnt expecting to see you when i did the other day . i was talking to the owner in the waiting room about his car when you popped out and was telling him that this was wrong and summat else was not right and not to worry it would all be put right for his trip home . i know you must be going through it right now but take heart from the value and respect you have in the zed community . hopefully yours and lyndas dream will become a reallity soon .

Jeez, Just caught up on here after working shifts for a week........... So sorry to hear about this Jeff..... And Mark......

It's a shame that the members on here couldn't all become share holders in the business and put Mark in to run it.......

As everyone here who has a Z would then be a part of Zedworld...... Jeff would get his retirement and Mark his Job.....

Sorry....... was only a thought....

Again Jeff..... Thank you for you support and advice you have given me and all the members on here for nothing, even with all this going on behind the scenes.....

You are a Legend and a really decent guy who didn't deserve this....

Russ

Doing business is never easy and selling a business is even harder. Even with the best will in the world, nothing's settled until it's in the bank and even then not always. Jeff, Lynda, Jamie and Zedworld have been so helpful to all of us over the years, I'm sure I'm only folllowing everyone else to wish them well, a successful and profitable return to normal service, a good Xmas and a stonking deal sometime in 2014. At least that's what my Zed told me to say.

All the best, Gio

Not good reading for both partys this thread and i feel for each side:( but one question that puzzles me and i dont want or expect an answer off Jeff or Mark is why would anyone make such life changing changes based on "word" and not a legal binding contract.

• Like 2

Not good reading for both partys this thread and i feel for each side:( but one question that puzzles me and i dont want or expect an answer off Jeff or Mark is why would anyone make such life changing changes based on "word" and not a legal binding contract.

I think you've just asked the question that is on many lips, but as you say, there is no answer :( really sorry for all concerned.

but one question that puzzles me is why would anyone make such life changing changes based on "word" and not a legal binding contract.

I think you've just asked the question that is on many lips

Good question, but one based on no knowledge of the "deal" the agreement to buy was made at an official meeting in April when full accounts, stock and customer data base were made available and paper work was signed by all parties. There was an arrangement to take over on July 10th and a 2 week take over was arranged and actually done whilst we worked side by side going through all of the administration the day to day running of the business and introductions to suppliers and customers alike, the landlord was involved in arranging the changeover of the building lease and even the business rates were changed over into their names.

The end of the second week should of seen the deal complete the hand over finished and the money transferred, however the money was never transferred, I will add Mark was not in control of that as by this time he was not the "buyer" of course we believed the lies that were forth coming from the buyer because why would we not after the extent the deal was virtually completed to, we never saw the buyer again from this time as he quickly became un-contactable, ignoring my texts, e-mails,face book messages, and other mediums. Even now having called time on him and his little occasional indications "its still going through" I text him to ask for him as a man to face me and tell me why he chose to be such a complete arse to me and Lynda or did he not even have the integrity to do that.....guess what no response so if you ever meet this guy give him one hell of a body swerve as he lies and cheats his way through life and has no morals or conscience what ever you do don`t try and sell him anything!

So guys hope that has answered your question(s)

Jeff TT

(Name of the "buyer" with held for legal reasons)

Edited by JeffTT

sorry to hear of all the troubles guys, but on a small plus note, i hope you take pride in how relieved some of the members on here are that you are still there to work your magic. I hadnt got to you before the changeover was announced and was gutted! at the very least, it gives a few of us peace of mind that the zeds will carry on getting the best care!

Well nice to see so much encouragement for me and Lynda thanks so much, on a slightly sour note not too happy to see the "buyer" has bought himself a Subaru Impreza and having a large ICE install done as I write this :no: added to that on his facebook page he has a picture of a Hummer with a suggestion title of his new toy!! well at least I know where the cash that was faithfully ( yeh right !) promised to me has gone :mad2:

Jeff TT

Well nice to see so much encouragement for me and Lynda thanks so much, on a slightly sour note not too happy to see the "buyer" has bought himself a Subaru Impreza and having a large ICE install done as I write this :no: added to that on his facebook page he has a picture of a Hummer with a suggestion title of his new toy!! well at least I know where the cash that was faithfully ( yeh right !) promised to me has gone :mad2:

Jeff TT

Jeff i can grasp your bitterness over this fiasco as myself was faced with the same senerio in 1999....Easy for me to advise sitting here but financial and mental healing comes a lot sooner if you stop looking behind and march forward bud. You have a fantastic biusness that you have built up and its this baby you need to channel your emotions too now and become even bigger and better plus a lot wiser;) Plenty of time to retire after you have made some more money so get your spanners back in the chests and good luck for the future.....