Anyone good with EBC's?

Boost warning on

Boost Limit on

Boost Max Limit PSI 16>17psi assuming that is your Max over all psi and Fuel Map Set up

Boost Max cut 50%

Boost percentage u dial up or down to get the desired Boost level

Boost Gain is how Fast the response is Higher the percentage will give u more a Kick

Boost Settings Per Ch

Set it to Manual

Set Desired Boost Percentage

Set Desired Boost Gain

Ch 1 ( WET ) about 9psi

boost 10%

Gain 5%

Ch 2 ( Every Day ) about 12psi

Boost 15%

Gain 10%

Ch 3

Boost 20%

Gain 15% ( Fun Time ) about 15psi

Ch 4 Up to you

this settings i gave you are Not Spot on but more of a guide :)

Main Display should look like this

IMAG1004.jpg

Set up the Warning and Safty Mode Max Boost about 1 psi over your max defined boost Limiter to 50

IMAG1005.jpg

General settings of the controller ... Auto Peak ON / Wast gate mode to AC / Unit Reading PSI

IMAG1006.jpg

then go to Each of your Ch1/2/3 and set the desired Boost/Gain Levels ( remember these are only Guess Settings )

each car, turbos & set up may be different

Ch 1 ( WET ) about 9psi

boost 10%

Gain 5%

IMAG1007.jpg

Ch 2 ( Every Day ) about 12psi

Boost 15%

Gain 10%

IMAG1008.jpg

Ch 3

Boost 20%

Gain 15% ( Fun Time ) about 15psi

IMAG1009.jpg

• 2 months later...

not that relevant m8 think at the time of the pics i was messing with the EBC and my Boost Problem

didn't realize i posted pics with wrong values as well

long as u follow the Input values i posted with a few tweaks to suit your car u be fine

Edited by MarkDerby

Righto, i have mine up and running now and have it set to the settings you recommended, but i have no boost gauge to compaire against. It didnt seem to be running full boost (9psi)

These tt's are all new to me so im sort of in the dark about all this stuff.

I tried to fit the 6mm vac lines to the actuators but they were loose as hell and didnt want to tighten up properly so used the 4mm vac lines as they pushed on a treat. Would that be affecting it at all?

yeah it will have a little affect on it .. but i would say slightly high boost level at Set preset .. but this is different for every car anyways so dosnt matter to much long as it does control the boost all is good

if you have tuning chip .. u can crank the boost to 12psi and be safe

If your on stock turbos, injectors and Intercoolers but have an aftermarket chip and the usual breathing mods then stick to a 14psi limit, unless your monitoring Air/Fuel ratio and have a good ear for pre-detonation.

Every car will differ, you cant rely on another settings. You can get close, but you can just as easily over boost and do damage with somebody else's settings. Also, judging by a lot of the settings posted on here over the years (not necessarily in this thread, I haven't checked) a lot of people are running very poorly done setups.

Far better to set it up yourself. Its simple to do and will mean you have a better understanding of how to use it :

Guidelines for EBC setup I wrote a while back :

Every EBC differs in some of its setup, menu options and even terminology , but they essentially work the same way as each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SET = The desired boost setting (as a percentage 0-100% (OFF to MAX Boost available).

GAIN = Boost response/consistency. Too low will mean its slow to boost and boost may fall of at higher rpm and too high will cause spiking.

SET GAIN = Is the lowest pressure that the EBC will wait for before building boost. You want this to be around 3psi less than the boost setting your after.

WARNING = the Max boost you do not want to exceed.

LIMITER = the the percentage boost that the EBC will limit boost to if the Warning is exceeded. Should be about 5% less than the SET number.

• First change it from Kpa to PSI according to instructions.

• Set WARNING to your desired boost pressure plus 1 psi *

• Put the SET Boost on around 30% , and leave the GAIN at 0

• Put the SET GAIN on 3psi less than your desired setting (so i you want 14.0 psi then put it on 11.0 psi). *

• Take it up the road and in 3rd gear see what boost your getting. Increase the SET Boost by around 5% till you get the desired boost.

• Then you want to increase the GAIN, start at 5 and go up in 5's. You want to find the point where it starts to spike and then turn it down a little. You should'nt need to go over 20. You may have to reduce the SET a little as you increase the GAIN, just keep an eye on what is happening.

• Once your getting the correct boost with no spiking you can put LIMITER on around 5% less than what you have set the SET to

Edited by Yowser

No 5.13 on the blitz sbc so thats a ratio isnt it.

No its not ..

the only thing that reads in a % ratio is the Boost amount & Gain with in the channel setting

All other Boost limit and Display is in PSI if thats the Pressure unit u set it to

so having your boost % at say 20% May give u around 9psi ...

If your on stock turbos, injectors and Intercoolers but have an aftermarket chip and the usual breathing mods then stick to a 14psi limit, unless your monitoring Air/Fuel ratio and have a good ear for pre-detonation.

Every car will differ, you cant rely on another settings. You can get close, but you can just as easily over boost and do damage with somebody else's settings. Also, judging by a lot of the settings posted on here over the years (not necessarily in this thread, I haven't checked) a lot of people are running very poorly done setups.

Far better to set it up yourself. Its simple to do and will mean you have a better understanding of how to use it :

Guidelines for EBC setup I wrote a while back :

right i will give that a go tomorrow thanks

i will report back what readings i get

• 1 month later...
where was your boos leaks ?

Upper passenger side throttle body pipe, I have the mikalor t bolt clamps and it seems they are too wide to sit properly on the throttle body,

Also at the boost solenoid itself I had used a jubalee clip instead of a fuel pipe clip and it ovaled the pipe causing a leak

Upper passenger side throttle body pipe, I have the mikalor t bolt clamps and it seems they are too wide to sit properly on the throttle body,

Also at the boost solenoid itself I had used a jubalee clip instead of a fuel pipe clip and it ovaled the pipe causing a leak

Tut Tut Gary...jubilee clamps are just not good enough on anything 15mm and under,they will not clamp evenly 360 degree. Glad you got it sorted mate anyway

Tut Tut Gary...jubilee clamps are just not good enough on anything 15mm and under,they will not clamp evenly 360 degree. Glad you got it sorted mate anyway

i know ! naughty me but it never boosted right when i first bought it so thought the problem lied elsewhere.

took it out again today and had it to 11.5 psi. wow this car goes well now!!!!!!

i know ! naughty me but it never boosted right when i first bought it so thought the problem lied elsewhere.

took it out again today and had it to 11.5 psi. wow this car goes well now!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Any zed is a nice car on its own merits but the comparison in power from an NA to a TT with a slight boost increase is another planet and ime sure you,ll agree Gary