Accident outside my house

Guest deve8uk

Guest deve8uk

I was playing LFS and Screeeeech BANG

Looked outside the windown and whitevanman has knocks scooterboy over.

Scooter is now under the van which has travveled 50-60 meters like that in a 30mph limmit.

Scooterboy is alive, but not moving.

now. without seeing teh accident in full I can tall you what happened as scooterboy is a regular up and down this road.

whitevanman has come speeding up the road and hit scooterboy who has failed to stop at teh road junction as useual and got whiped out.

who's at fault?

attachment.php?attachmentid=42994&d=1215975545

got teh pic of the van, you can just see teh scooter under the front.

Ill leave teh lad be, i think hes got enough on his case.

Guest deve8uk

i beleive he was pulling out of a turning about 50 meters down the road.

him and his mate zip in and out of that road all teh time like idiots.

Not nice for anyone to pay the ultimate price. Hopefully his mate will learn from this!

We have a lot of people who drive/ride like total idiots round our way. The favourite at the moment is reversing down the one way system at the end of our road!

Guest deve8uk

the thing that gets me is teh ammount of women that must insists in running up close for a good look then running away crying. If you cant help someone fook off. I hope they all have bloody nightmares.

The trouble with scooters is the amount of 'training' you go through for the CBT.

It's laughable. 1 day and you have a licence to ride up to a 125cc machine. In that time there is no way you're going to learn how to ride safely. Basically they are kids on very fast push bikes. A recipie for disaster especially when the kids' mates have all done the same and they go out together.

I think my lad crashed his scooter within 3 weeks of having it on the road, crashed it a few times since and completely destroyed it in the end, luckily he never got hit by a car, only chucked it down the road.

Guest deve8uk

i dont think white rental van man had much in teh way of driving skill by all accounts as he was apparently on the phone. I talked to my neighbor, well they asked me if I saw it. They where walking towards the road and are the prime whitnesses, they saw the fell on the phone. But eve better scooterboy just drove into the road without looking.

you put 2 idiots togetehr at teh same place and somehting bad will happen.

Guest 300zx_girl
the problem is, theres only one left to prosecute. if the police know that info, no doubt they will go for death by wreckless driving, driving without due care & attention, & whatever else they can throw at him.

and todays news....

Motorists involved in the most serious cases of causing death by dangerous driving should be jailed for at least seven years, under tougher guidelines.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7506668.stm

Its OK jumping on the young lad but who knows what happened really? He was young and no doubt stupid who isnt at first he might have mis judged the vans speed he might have simply been thinking he had enough time or he may well have not even looked but its idiots in cars and vans that do 50MPH on small roads like that, that are at fault. No one should ever do those kinds of speeds on those kind of roads. Instead of a scooter it might have been a child running out? OK it wasnt but nevertheless the van driver should be locked away IMO. And on the fookin phone. I just dont know how these drivers can still have the nerve to use the phone not only whilst driving but speeding (as its obvious that he was) and on a small street like that? So if the vanman wasnt using the phone or going too fast the young fella would most probably still be alive only with a bit of gravel rash. An hard enough lesson in its self.