No Power and lumpy

It was our 1st year anniversay yesterday.

It was the first time that myself and the wife woul dhave gone out in the Z wthout our daughter. Parents were looking after her, so we go tready to go out and got in the Z.

A little lumpy at start up, then no power what so ever, constantly hunting, stalling and coughing. We got about 100 meters before we limped back and swaped for the beema.

Checked this morning, same problem.

Removed the rad bracket, slam pannel and headlight pannel.

Disconnected the MAF plug, unbolted the apexi filter on the MAF side. Took out the MAF.

Noticed there was a few tiny drops of water inside the apexi air filter.

Heated the oven to 200c for 10 mins. Turned it off and put the air filter in ther for 10 mins.

Cleaned the MAF with Carb cleaner and let it dry (I know you shouldn't really use carb cleaner but didn't have anything else and it was covered in dust).

Assebmled everything back together after cleaning the surrounding areas.

Also found that one of my BOVS has the needle pin disconnected and hanging down, which I think it the cause of my compressor stall.

Started her up. Bang on the money, took for a test drive no problems at all.

Just need to find a way now to stop the rain getting the MAF wet, which eaithe rmeans covering some of my vents on the bonnet / headlight pannel, or making a few drip trays.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just need to find a way now to stop the rain getting the MAF wet, which eaithe rmeans covering some of my vents on the bonnet / headlight pannel, or making a few drip trays.

Build a garage instead of messing about with home extensions!!!

im surprised to say my headlight panel vents have rarely caused a problem, although the other day when my Z had sat for 4 rainy days i took it to work and it was fine below 3200rpm, but when i tried to drive above that, massive misfire and hold back. was back to normal in the evening though!

Yeah I will definately be building a drip tray.

The flower pot idea was only to prevent the filters sucking in water from the front bumper. However I think the problem lies with the water entering from the top.

Yeah I will definately be building a drip tray.

The flower pot idea was only to prevent the filters sucking in water from the front bumper. However I think the problem lies with the water entering from the top.

put a stock nose panel back on perhaps thats why mr nissan didnt fit one as standard LOL

Yeah, agree with Mark, as you mentioned to me the common place for the drips are bwteen the top of the pannel and the bonnet and the bottom and the bumper.

Will Try Jaffa's Flower pot trick for the headlight pannel (not to be confused with the ashspez flower pot over the filters).