Insurance quote

Well...Insurance companies would you believe it. I am insured with Adrian Flux and my insurance has gone up £100 this year for no apparent reason. I questioned it and was told it is due to this, it is due to that and that the price was a good one. Soooooo I went looking elsewhere and got a quote over £160 less. Nowwwwww Adrian flux wants to negotiate on price. Funny that!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Same thing happened to me today.

Got a renewal notice from Warwick Davis asking me if I wanted to stay with them next year, when I ask for this years premium I asked them to take out

last years breakdown cover and take into account my now 5 years no claims.

Came to £778

When I asked what my last years price was with 4 years no claims and european breakdown cover I was told £744. Under the figure was a note saying "as you may have seen, your premium has increased this year. If you manage to secure a cheaper price elsewhere please inquire again to see if we can beat that price!"

Doesnt really make me want to stay with them :)

Guest Neil Morris

I just did my insurance yesterday with Carole Nash again £195 fully comp £250 excess.

It went up £74 on last year but I did get an SP30 & 3 points.

I myself found Adrian Flux to be completely useless for me. They state on their website to see young drivers differently - their view is that young drivers take special care of their cars and so enables them to offer cheaper quotes. This appears to be a blatent lie in my case anyway as they would not insure me at all. They then state that "What's more, when you call us, you won't get a clueless computer monkey in a Calcutta call centre. You'll be speaking to a knowledgable car enthusiast, fully clued up on all the latest gear and mods." which again was mostly a lie in my case because after being in the queue to talk to an advisor for 20 minutes (when I eventually got through I appeared to be talking to a "clueless computer monkey"), giving him all my details etc I was then forwarded to a call centre and then to another call centre who then, forwarded me back to Adrian Flux. The only part of their statement that was true was that the call centre was not in Calcutta :)

To be fair to them, I get the above a lot when trying to find insurance because I'm 17 years old with a TT Z32 but this was my experience of them.

Cheers,

Vern

Adrian Flux have been quite the opposite for me... I was about to go with Swinton againt this year at £1040 or somthing like that, was fairly happy with it, but i got a call from another place who dropped it to around 910 so that got me thinking ( i was actually off work at the time ill in bed) so whilst i was considering that one flux called and had a chat and got it down to £770 for me. Which is very good considering im 21 etc, 2 years no claims that sort of thing. No points or crashes or anything but either way i was impressed with it!

• Trade
I myself found Adrian Flux to be completely useless for me. They state on their website to see young drivers differently - their view is that young drivers take special care of their cars and so enables them to offer cheaper quotes. This appears to be a blatent lie in my case anyway as they would not insure me at all. They then state that "What's more, when you call us, you won't get a clueless computer monkey in a Calcutta call centre. You'll be speaking to a knowledgable car enthusiast, fully clued up on all the latest gear and mods." which again was mostly a lie in my case because after being in the queue to talk to an advisor for 20 minutes (when I eventually got through I appeared to be talking to a "clueless computer monkey"), giving him all my details etc I was then forwarded to a call centre and then to another call centre who then, forwarded me back to Adrian Flux. The only part of their statement that was true was that the call centre was not in Calcutta :)

To be fair to them, I get the above a lot when trying to find insurance because I'm 17 years old with a TT Z32 but this was my experience of them.

Cheers,

Vern

Sadly we cannot be competitive all the time.

Dan.

Well...Insurance companies would you believe it. I am insured with Adrian Flux and my insurance has gone up £100 this year for no apparent reason. I questioned it and was told it is due to this, it is due to that and that the price was a good one. Soooooo I went looking elsewhere and got a quote over £160 less. Nowwwwww Adrian flux wants to negotiate on price. Funny that!!

Yeah did the same to me; They were way too expensive this year and I went with Warwick Davis who quoted me last year too

The woman at Adrian Flux wasn't particularly interested in my business, even though on their literature it says they will match any quote

I found Warwick Davis helpful and very competitive http://www.warwick-davis.co.uk/

Same thing happened to me today.

Got a renewal notice from Warwick Davis asking me if I wanted to stay with them next year, when I ask for this years premium I asked them to take out

last years breakdown cover and take into account my now 5 years no claims.

Came to £778

When I asked what my last years price was with 4 years no claims and european breakdown cover I was told £744. Under the figure was a note saying "as you may have seen, your premium has increased this year. If you manage to secure a cheaper price elsewhere please inquire again to see if we can beat that price!"

Doesnt really make me want to stay with them :)

Ain't it bloody hilarious it's like insurance musical chairs... for me with Flux and WDavis ....