Headlight Question

Is the spring clip that secures the bulb holder in, integral to the light housing, or can they be replaced as one of mines knackered. So the bulb doesnt sit properly, putting the car through its MOT soon and thats another job i need to get sorted.

ahhh, so it can be replaced then, thats a touch. Right heres another one for you then, how do you get the headlight out, the front bumper is off at the moment, but i still cant really see how its secured, am i just not looking hard enough,lol??????

Have fun - took me 3 hours to change a bulb the other day!! Nightmare to get the 4 securing nuts off the passengers side lamp. I gave up and forced my way past the loom to get the bulb in. Even little Jap hands would struggle.

I dropped the wheel arch splash guards, tried dropping the bumper a bit, got 3 nuts off could only 'see' the 4th with a mirror on a stick! I thought I've done a head gasket quicker than this.

If a bulb goes whilst on hols at Nurburg next month I'll call the Recovery company and have it trailered all the way home - be cheapr and easier than popping a bulb in. Nice one Ricers.

Edited by peranaman

only took me 1o mins, you 2 must be doin something wrong, lol.

Mine too......:confused:

Although the first time it was a bit tricky....

Richard:confused::tongue:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Ah, I recall I did install HIDs at the same time................................... but nevertheless it still took me ages to get that lefthand bulb holder back in - still got scars to prove it.

ps does anyone work round here? I don't see how we can afford to run a Zed and be idle all day do you?

also pal the headlights are secured underneath by four nuts :)

it never took me three hours i'll have you know. Bout an hour of fiddling lol. Anyways seeing as you two smart arses done it in ten mins, how the hell do you get the headlight out,lol.

Eeeeerrrrmmmmmm..... :D :D :D

it never took me three hours i'll have you know. bout an hour of fiddling lol. Anyways seeing as you two smart arses done it in ten mins, how the hell do you get the headlight out,lol.

I've cracked it. Leave the headlamp unit insitu and just remove the car - it'll be easier............................

....................ps does anyone work round here? I don't see how we can afford to run a Zed and be idle all day do you?

I do normally mate.......

........but I decided that I'd had enough and left at 4 today;)

However, many of the day time posters probably work in IT or the like and spend all day at work surfing the web, wasting their employers' time!!!!

Richard:D

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

I do normally mate.......

........but I decided that I'd had enough and left at 4 today;)

However, many of the day time posters probably work in IT or the like and spend all day at work surfing the web, wasting their employers' time!!!!

Richard:D

I.T. = Idle Terminally.

Just a daft question, but what type of bulbs do the headlights use (the projector style one)

H3c if its an Import (very hard to find in the UK - Danny@DTA sells them, and sometimes on ebay)

H3 if its a UK car.

Best thing you can do though is to install a HID kit. Its like Night and Day (pun intented ;))

H3c if its an Import (very hard to find in the UK - Danny@DTA sells them, and sometimes on ebay)

H3 if its a UK car.

Best thing you can do though is to install a HID kit. Its like Night and Day (pun intented ;))

Yup, its an import