xenon kit on uk z?

My understanding is that the UK zeds have a different headlight setup to the Japanese ones.

When i flash my mains the dipped headlights go out......

Am I ok to install a hid kit so the setup remains the same i.e when the main beams are on/flashed the dipped (xenons) go out...?

Cheers guys

• 2 months later...
My understanding is that the UK zeds have a different headlight setup to the Japanese ones.

When i flash my mains the dipped headlights go out......

Am I ok to install a hid kit so the setup remains the same i.e when the main beams are on/flashed the dipped (xenons) go out...?

Cheers guys

Take a look at this thread - plenty of info there

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=116508

UK cars have the dim-dip system that needs to be bypassed when installing HIDs.

Yes that's right. However when you install the HIDs and switch on the side lights, there is not enough power to activate the HIDs on dim-dip; therefore they just stay off.

That's what happened when I did my conversion, anyway. With normal H3 bulbs the dim-dip worked but with the HIDs there's nothing until the headlights are properly turned on.

I have not done any other wiring mods other than connecting the HID kit to the loom as normal.

Richard:smw:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Yes that's right. However when you install the HIDs and switch on the side lights, there is not enough power to activate the HIDs on dim-dip; therefore they just stay off.

That's what happened when I did my conversion, anyway. With normal H3 bulbs the dim-dip worked but with the HIDs there's nothing until the headlights are properly turned on.

I have not done any other wiring mods other than connecting the HID kit to the loom as normal.

Richard:smw:

I'd be concerned that this might damage the ballasts over time though.