• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have them, ummm... well i can only compare them to the stock shocks.

I live out on some very bumpy roads, after tweaking the settings i have now a good level of handling for performance without the car being too bumpy.

They are very good for the price, although the likes of Tien are not that much more.

I thought they were very good but i would of went for the Tien for the lil extra in the future.

Hello mate I have them too and I have found them to be very good. On flat roads they are excellent not harsh but a good balance between road and track. I had aftermarket street dampers and lowered springs before and these are much smoother and soak up the road really well. Im very pleased with them. I was put off the teins as they are much stiffer. If you look at the spring rates they are very low compared to others.

Hello mate I have them too and I have found them to be very good. On flat roads they are excellent not harsh but a good balance between road and track. I had aftermarket street dampers and lowered springs before and these are much smoother and soak up the road really well. Im very pleased with them. I was put off the teins as they are much stiffer. If you look at the spring rates they are very low compared to others.

What springs rates do yours have ? They are available in different spring rates but normally the K-sport/D2 range use much stiffer spring rates than Tein's and other coilovers !

What springs rates do yours have ? They are available in different spring rates but normally the K-sport/D2 range use much stiffer spring rates than Tein's and other coilovers !

When i got a quote from them, they said that they'll supply whatever spring/springrate i wanted.

Keep forgetting i have access to it from home, here's the email;

Hi,

The 330mm kit is £855, with street pads, we have various pad upgrades, the most popular DS2500 is £70

Coilovers are £695, they come with aluminium topmounts, 12.1kg/mm front springs and 7.2kg/mm rear springs, although spring rates are fully customisable when you order at no extra charge.

Delivery on both items would be £17.63

Kev Duckworth

Apex Performance Parts

+44 (0)1274 683633

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk

K-Sport & PPGearbox

http://www.ksport.co.uk

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/ppg

12.1 kg/mm and 7.2 kg/mm is very stiff, stiffer than other road spec coilovers and too stiff for the road. But yeh, they do offer custom spring rates.

I have driven a SWB with that setup and it was unbearable IMO, the car is physically skipping and jumping all over the road and subsequently losing traction.

They are a budget coilover, and while their Brakes are getting good reviews, from what I had read about there has been a lot of bad feedback on the Coilovers, and some Dealers have dropped them from their lineup becuase of the fault returns.

Edited by Yowser

Hey mate

These are the ones I bought

Front Spring Rate 6.2kg/mm Rear Spring Rate 2.2kg/mm

compared to my old 911 and the S2000 they are fine, currently set to half way they could be a little softer. I'm setting them to 2/3rds soft to see if that hits the spot but so far I'm very pleased on a flat road the Z feels as tight as my old S did and that is very impressive for a car thats nearly 19 years old.

Not driven on standard shocks so I dont know what they feel like but I feel very confident pushing on in the car albeit I can only use 5k revs at the mo. I'll report back once its been run in and I can start to track it and push the back out a little.

:hyper:

Hey mate

These are the ones I bought

Front Spring Rate 6.2kg/mm Rear Spring Rate 2.2kg/mm

compared to my old 911 and the S2000 they are fine, currently set to half way they could be a little softer. I'm setting them to 2/3rds soft to see if that hits the spot but so far I'm very pleased on a flat road the Z feels as tight as my old S did and that is very impressive for a car thats nearly 19 years old.

Not driven on standard shocks so I dont know what they feel like but I feel very confident pushing on in the car albeit I can only use 5k revs at the mo. I'll report back once its been run in and I can start to track it and push the back out a little.

:hyper:

Some very unique spring rates there for coilovers. Yours rears are actually about the same as stock spring rates, while your fronts are 3x harder than stock.

Stock spring rates are Front 2.8kg/mm, Rear 2.4kg/mm (they vary +/- 0.2 depending on region)

Something softer like Eibach springs for stock shocks use a spring rate in the region of 3-4kg/mm

The most popular coilovers spring rate setup is a 8kg front, 6kg rear.

Edited by Yowser

Yours rears are actually using stock spring rates, while your fronts are 3x harder than stock.

I'm surprised that handles at all well tbh, I had a similarly mismatched setup on my Mirage for about an hour. The understeer was so severe it literally wouldn't turn around most corners at anything more than snail pace and even then the tyres squealed.