Rough running with vibration

NA which I bounced over a curb about a month ago. Ever since the engine has had a vibration worst at about 2000 RPM. running on 6 pots and nothing seems to have come loose and engine revs very freely. any thoughts what it could be.

you haven't dented the sump have you.

the lowest part of the sump is where the oil vaccum pipe sits.

A little knock in the right place will crease and bend the internal pipe like a straw. With a kink in that it could give you a few problems.

Check under the car to see if you have any scrapes or dents in it.

Right still no joyful. Checked all the ancilaries on the pullies and all seem OK and in line. Done a compresion test and all even across and virtually as new figures. Though it is running a litle rich. Wondering if timing has slipped and or if the MAF could cause it. Going to stick my new MAF on it and see if it makes a difference.

Anyone near Astley Manchester with a Conzult that Phil (EX C & S Wood) at Blackmoore Motor could borrow to plug in and give her the once over as the blink Code is showing 55.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I found the problem at last

The Spiggot bush collapst causing the vibration and that caused the friction plate to oscillate and then come into contact with the Presure plate. Which then broke a puck off the clutch. That then tried to escape through the forks and hey presto bits of the forks escaped through the bell housing.

Hence real bad vibration and very little peddle. Amazed that I had any peddle left at all. So Standard clutch going in short term till new XTD clutch arrives.

+ new spiggot bearing which wasn't replace when clutch installed as i was told we didn't need to. Mmmm:headvswal

It's done 7,000 miles before it went but it should have done 70,000

So remember when you change your clutch. Regardless of how much of a ball hache getting the old spiggot bush out is. Just do it.

my clutch is going to be swapped,

how much/where from/part number of this bearing?

pain in the arse to do? or isit easy when the gearbox/clutch is off....

MJP £7.90 amd just fiddley as it will stay sitting in the end of the crank when box is off. + well werth changing your pivot Ball at the same time and if you contemplating going for an uprated clutch in the future then get the uprated pivot ball too. Danny sells them. Only a few pounds. I've had one of them Snap off before now and it tends to destroy the slave cylinder because when you pump the peddle it pushes the rod right out and the selector fork drops into the bell housing. So better to spend the extra £20 or so and know these silly little things are not going to fail and cost you by having to drop the box again.

Well I found the problem at last

The Spiggot bush collapst causing the vibration and that caused the friction plate to oscillate and then come into contact with the Presure plate. Which then broke a puck off the clutch. That then tried to escape through the forks and hey presto bits of the forks escaped through the bell housing.

Hence real bad vibration and very little peddle. Amazed that I had any peddle left at all. So Standard clutch going in short term till new XTD clutch arrives.

+ new spiggot bearing which wasn't replace when clutch installed as i was told we didn't need to. Mmmm:headvswal

It's done 7,000 miles before it went but it should have done 70,000

So remember when you change your clutch. Regardless of how much of a ball hache getting the old spiggot bush out is. Just do it.

Holy crap!

You're lucky it didn't break apart and come thru the bell housing!