Advise On Selling + my Advert + Asking Price

I'm going to sell my car if i can get a good price for it. I really find the car too expensive to run in London when a car isn't even a neccessity. However writing this advert has made me really misserable and i'm very unsure about selling it at all,

So...would rather not have a thread on 'not to sell' but some advice for an autotrader advert :D

here goes...

Nissan 300zx TT 2+2, UK Model

340BHP (282.7 RWHP)

Automatic

Arctic White

7 Months Warrenty at http://www.jamespaul.co.uk where I purchased the car from in Feb 2007.

7 Months Tax

10 Moths MOT

Very good condition for a 300zx, let alone a UK model, always attracts attention at meets with 300zx.co.uk + shows as such a clean car.

Car Spec:

SUPPLE BLACK LEATHER SEATS + SUED TRIM, ELECTIC AND HEATED SEATS, CRUISE CONTROL, ELECTRIC WINDOWS/MIRRORS, DIGITAL AIR CON, ORIGIONAL INTERIOR SUN BLINDS +ORIGIONAL ROOF BAGS, 3 YEAR OLD REAR SPOILER, REPLACED AND PAINTED TO MATCH OEM, NEAR PERFECT PAINTWORK, SEALS GOOD ALL ROUND, FULL DETAILED SERVICE HISTORY FROM NEW,

Recently Tested On A Nissan CONZULT With No Faults As Always.

Parts whilst owned by me:

5000 miles ago, New Water Pump, 60k service( Done under warranty) , New Disks / Pads,

2300 miles ago to now, Japanese Gear Box installed with under 60,000 miles , Synthetic Gear Box oil, engine oil + Filter, prop shaft + Centre bearing, exhaust studs, Brake Master Cylinder, Front Intercooler Boost Pipes, Tension Rods, Tension Rod Bushes, Spark Plugs, New electric Fan.

Upgrades: (front to back)

Small number plate for airflow, Clear Indicators+silver Bulbs, Pure White Headlight Bulbs, HKS Superflow Filter, Blue Silicone Boost Hoses, jap spec front cooling fan, NEW NGK Platinum Cold Burning Spark plugs, Timing retarded to 14 degrees, APEXI Dump Valves, Polished Balance Bar, Blanked Off PRVR, Clear side repeaters, Silver Ultralight Nurgurgring 18” Alloys + Falken FK453 Tyres (3500 Miles) with a stainless dish, Poly Bushed Tension Rods, Custom 1 off Stainless Steal straight through Cat Back Exhaust with 2 4” jap Box’s, New Wiper Blades and sand Blasted/Re Painted Wiper Arms, Blitz SBC-I Colour Boost Controller (£650!!) which includes speed, rpm, power, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure etc etc, Analog Boost Gauge, Andy P Chip in a new Jap ECU, Touch Screen DVD with iPod Control on screen, Parrot hands Free integrated into the system, All speakers replaced with 2X12” Subs +Amp, Laserline Thatcham Cat1 alarm/immobiliser, 65%front and 5% Rear Professional Tints, Clear Rear Indicators, New Spoiler

Bad Points,

Leaking Main Rear Seal part cost £18 but is an arse to change. Doesn’t effect the car at all but I’m due to replace it and have known about it for a few months but haven’t had 2 days to carry out the job.

Needs a new Idle Control Valve. Readily available but again not had time to change it. It means that occasionally the revs creep to 1500rpm on tick over when hot. I cleaned the valve and it stopped the problem for 2 weeks so I know that that is the cause.

£6995.00, Will accept offers but will take out stereo / wheels etc depending on offer..

Also have, but not fitted,

Megan Racing Springs (-2”) +£100

Indiglo Dials + £50

Standard UK Wheels (wider that jap spec + referbed) GOOD TYRES £250

I'll include these pics etc.

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=309

Edited by crotchrocket

Guest snowygt

having seen your car in the flesh i know its one of the best if not THE best uk example i've ever seen,,,,,,,but £6995.00 is a bit over the top. dont get me wrong but they just dont bring the money they used to, i mean i'd be lucky to get 1500 for mine and thats 1 of the reasons i cant bring myself to sell it, good luck though James and it'd be a shame to see such a nice car go, oh and the advert looks spot on.

having seen your car in the flesh i know its one of the best if not THE best uk example i've ever seen,,,,,,,but £6995.00 is a bit over the top. dont get me wrong but they just dont bring the money they used to, i mean i'd be lucky to get 1500 for mine and thats 1 of the reasons i cant bring myself to sell it, good luck though James and it'd be a shame to see such a nice car go, oh and the advert looks spot on.

I know!!, its depressing and i won't sell for 3-4K, i've invested alot of time and money. I saw a mint Jap TT on auto trader for over 7K.

go for it mate we need to seperate the good from the bad and show that we sell for peanuts anymore !

Exactly!

Too much crap on Fleabay for £1500 at the mo. Once all the junk has been thrashed to oblivion, wrapped around trees or fallen apart then the few enthusiast owned/maintained good examples left will fetch a premium.

Give it a go, but be prepared to drop to £5-6k (no lower:nono:) if necessary. That's still a good price in today's market and a step in the right direction....

Good luck mate - it's a shame you're considering selling up though, your's is a fine example.:cry:

Richard:)

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Hardly any good UK cars about anymore.

Nope uk cars rusted like mad, or off the roads :cry:

Mines ok needs some touch up on the back bumper were the chip is and needs the bonnet sorting.

But personnally i think mine is good con for a uk ;)

And IMHO your car is worth over £5K, its a very nice zed :)