Glastonbury 2008 - The Verve

did not see thE Verve perform, loved them back in the day though

What I have seen of the artists at this years Glastonbury, they are doing themselves no favours whatsoever.

Songs I am familiar with and usually enjoy, to hear them live made my skin crawl! Live, these artists are terrible! no talent at all. Infact hearing Estelle screach and shout made me wonder how she got into music in the first place.

Just goes to show how modern technology can make anyone a star!

People complain when artists mime, hearing some of those performances, I think they should be forced to mime!

Edited by Saz

did not see teh Verve, loved them back in the day though

What I have seen of the artists at this years Glastonbury, they are doing themselves no favours whatsoever.

Songs I am familiar with and usually enjoy, to hear them live made my skin crawl! Live, these artists are terrible! no talent at all. Infact hearing Estelle screach and shout made me wonder how she got into music in the first place.

Just goes to show how modern technology can make anyone a star!

People complain when artists mime, hearing some of those performances, I think they should be forced to mime!

Yep.. I know what you mean Saz :rolleyes:

But the Verve's performance last night was outstanding IMO :bow:

I though Amy Winehouse was terrible, she could barely speak english never mind sing it. I watched Jay Z the other night and thought he was ok but not great, it makes you wonder why the organiser knocked back Dave Gilmour's offer to play as he is excellent live.

he knocked back what??????

man needs taking out with a rifle for knocking him back, obviously does not tie in with Glastonburys, now "pop" image!

he knocked back what??????

man needs taking out with a rifle for knocking him back, obviously does not tie in with Glastonburys, now "pop" image!

Yeah i read it in the Sun last week, Gilmour offered to play as a run up to him going on tour later this year and they said no thanks!:shock:

I thought the Verve were Ok Not very Live sounding though same version as the CD

Amy Shithouse was like sitting and taking the piss out of a mental patient

VERY WRONG

I thought JAY Z was Excellent and had the crowd rocking

I just Googled D Gilmour AND thank fook they knocked the Fossil Back:duffer:

RAH

:p

there has been hip hop n rap n reggae at G'bury for years and years now...so i cant see the beef with JZ being there it just shows noel (oasis) never went further than his motorhome in the parking lot of the pyramid stage....but i take issue with the fact i nor any of my friends can actually hum any of JZ's songs which you do need for a good old rip-roaring live show IMHO....dave gilmore not needed either....prog rock can stick up its own 3 day festival (should be just long enough for a rick wakeman keyboard solo) but i for one wont be going :D

i cant belive anyone is saying amy 5hithouse was good she was terrible couldn't understand a word she sang, she was high or drunk or both. And they are all saying didn't she look beutifull in her lovely dress, are these fookers blind i'm sure she is a he

stewiedoom1.gif

i cant belive anyone is saying amy 5hithouse was good she was terrible couldn't understand a word she sang, she was high or drunk or both. And they are all saying didn't she look beutifull in her lovely dress, are these fookers blind i'm sure she is a he

She didn't look right, that's for sure :(