Thoughts on Sub Enclosure please

I am thinking of making a box to fit in the back (boot) of my SWB. But I am thinking of making it so it fits the same shape as the boot floor, with a deeper section fitting into the spare wheel well. For example the same shape as the carpet.

I want to keep enough room for my tagra panels.

But I am not sure it will sound OK or not as it will only be perhaps four inches deep, but deeper into the spare wheel well.

Ideas,thoughts? I have a 10" driver.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the gap wont be big enough for a 10" inclosure, it will sound pretty pants.

I wanted to do similar , including a set of cd decks and 2x12" subs but still have space for the roof panels. Simply put, its neva gonna happen.

This is what my design ended up as :

sounds1.jpg

even taking up the whole boot, the enclosures for the 12" subs are still too small. We started work yesteday and got about 1/2 of it done. Pictures are on my phone i'll upload when I've got them off.

Have you thought of building a box to one side of the boot and still allowing space in the center for the roof panels?

Guest Coopers-SWB

This is my compromise.

Theforge30-09-07004.jpg

Theforge30-09-07003.jpg

Theforge30-09-07002.jpg

Theforge30-09-07001.jpg

No false floor and I can still get the targas in.

Bit of a compromise with box size against function however.

Darrell

Nice idea, the capacity for those subs can't be much, I've salvaged a little more but still not enough really, and I've lost all functionality of my boot, but nevamind, roof panels can go on the rear seats..

this is as far as we got yesterday..

DSC00193.JPG

Guest Coopers-SWB
Nice idea, the capacity for those subs can't be much, I've salvaged a little more but still not enough really, and I've lost all functionality of my boot, but nevamind, roof panels can go on the rear seats..

this is as far as we got yesterday..

DSC00193.JPG

Thats OK if you have back seats. Us shortie drivers have to come up with something else, what with the weather in this country.

Looking good though.

Darrell

Guest Coopers-SWB
do you take the targas off over there lol:)

Anyhow,heres mine,2 x 12 inch subs,2 x amps ,custom boxes,sounds great,so there is certainly room to build a kick arse system if you design it right

Yep had the top off today. Did nearly get wet however so we can't lleave them at home.

That looks mint mate and just goes to show what can be done.

Isn't there a guy building fibreglass corner ones on the aus site?

Darrell

Edited by Coopers-SWB

thanks Darrell ,just joking,i spent 20 years in the U.K,so i know what you mean lol

I was going for a factory look setup and it came up very well,here was a progress report when we were doing it on the aus300zx forum

It may give a few guys an idea of how to start,since this,we have enclosed the boxes and done some minor adjustments,cheerZZ Simon

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260646&highlight=STEREO

greatsigcandelete.jpg

P4130165.jpg

the weathers been great! I'm poppin home in a min to pick up the 300 and the roof will NOT be on :)

Just quickly calculated the displacement of my first box , its actually pretty close, going to get an accurate measurement in a min, just calculating all the bits up..

I am thinking of making a box to fit in the back (boot) of my SWB. But I am thinking of making it so it fits the same shape as the boot floor, with a deeper section fitting into the spare wheel well. For example the same shape as the carpet.

I want to keep enough room for my tagra panels.

But I am not sure it will sound OK or not as it will only be perhaps four inches deep, but deeper into the spare wheel well.

Ideas,thoughts? I have a 10" driver.

In regard to the original question, do the calcluations and find out the volume your box is supposed to be.

I just worked mine out, the volume for a 12"JBL GTO1202D in a sealed box is supposed to be 28.32 liters, the box we made is approx 26.1 liters, not too far off. We had to cut off a couple of corners to make it fit, but before that it woulda been 29.55 liters, so actually pretty close.

Do the math and see what you come out with.

Tony

There's a place on ebay that i have used, from germany. very good and fast delivery they also do lots of different colours

I just ordered some red stuff off ebay, dunno if its the same people but getting a fair bit to do some other bits of trim too.

SMW:

That looks smart, I like it.

On the right hand side, whats under that extra peice of plastic in the corner??

I love the boot builds but mines going to have to be able to accept those roof panels!

I had mine out for the first time the other day and had to stash them over the rear seat, Not nice me tinks!!

atleast you didn't have to leave them at home and get rained on :)