Another Ebayer to avoid!

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/olywrxsti

Dont bother ever buying from him.

I brought this from him but i was really stupid to. Doesn't even say what the gauges were or anything as well, guess i seen a bargin and just went for it, shame because those are the gauges i want :( oh yea and the picture is from another ebayer or google from the looks of the users name in the bottom left in white.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120274018207&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

After i paid for his item 2 bad feedbacks appeared on his feedback results and everytime i emailed i got no reply!

Now sorting it out with paypal.

Paypal are crap.

I ordered 2 12" sub boxes (heavy) - they sent the wrong size (wasn't even 10" because the holes were too big for 10") so the subs wouldn#t fit, Seller said they would send a courier to pick them up.. never did, so i went through paypal, after 40 days, eventually agreed i was right, offered a refund ONLY if i sent them back. all in all, after spending another £20 to send them back I woulda only got pennies in refund, so i didn't bother, I still woulda lost money buying from a dodgy seller. I dont think this is right and paypal 'buyer protection' is a load of crap.

Thats what I think anyway...

paypal 'buyer protection' is a load of crap.

Very much agreed! I got ripped off for £250 a couple of years ago...................Paypal awarded me £50 back! :rant: :(

Silver lining - i am Very VERY diligent when it comes to ebay now! :)

Very much agreed! I got ripped off for £250 a couple of years ago...................Paypal awarded me £50 back! :rant: :(

me to..after winning an item i always send 2 emails on 2 seperate days and see how fast the responce times are and i always ask if i could pick the item up as ime in the area at the time the sale ends,ive no intention but you can gauge if they are hiding anything if they say "no" ;)

Before this happened, I'd but everything and anything, because I 'thought' I was protected .. now, I agree, confidence has been knocked.

Tony

I use ebay all the time, I have been ripped off a couple of times. But overall I would say I am still quids in. You just have to be prepared that some times you aint gonna get a good deal. The best thing is to check their feedback and be very cautious if they dont have much feedback

i nearly got ripped off for over £500 on ebay...the man i bought from had my money for 3 months and was ignoring me and the complaints were being posted by loads of other unhappy buyers....well one phone call to a mate in trading standards...and a cheque turned up 3 days later...i'd recommend trading standards over paypal complaints any day

How does this paypal refund thing work? Emailed the seller I bought clutch from as its now gone completely after 6 months or so and would like some sort of refund....

You got no chance Lisa especially in a 300ZX TT too. The length a clutch last really is down to how much the car is tuned and how it has been driven. I had a clutch on a Xantia diesel last for 228,000 miles, on the other hand the clutch in my Zed which I replaced when the engine was done had only really done about 3000 miles and it was borderline whether I replaced it, but I did. That was a RPS Street cluch as well.

just an update, he certainly got off his ass when i got paypal envolved. He sent me a message on the dispute thing saying he had problems and sent the item sat.

I then open my email box and he sent me another email saying he will send the item once i drop the dispute! Im thinking what an asshole trying to con me. I will wait 1 more day for them to arrive and then i will contact paypal agian