Wanted to say hello!

Hi guys. Been browsing google to find websites for 300zx's and yours came up. I am a new owner, just bought mine 3 months ago and just got it on the road. And boy do I love it. Its the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

I live in the london area I am 27 and a builder. I bought the car originally from a colleague of mine who had had the car for a year and couldn't get it running so he offered it me cheap. I did some research on the net and thought I had the problem figured out so I took it to Zedworld in Tamworth and it turns out I was half right. When the car got hot it wouldn't run and when it was wet it wouldn't run ( so that was pretty much all the time) so anyways got it fixed its now on the road and I am loving every second of it. I don't want to do any work anymore just drive in my car grinning like an idiot. There are some issues with the car but I'm hoping to sort them out as soon as possible (money permitting).

I was wondering if there was someone who could give me some advice on the car, like where to buy spares from, what work I could do myself and what really needs a garage. etc etc I'm a real nOOb when it comes to these cars but I am completely and utterly in love with them. Plus is there an owners club I could join?how much?

Anyways hello and hopefully hear from you guys soon.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have to say I don't know much about the car I know someone has put time and love into it and spent movey on it, but it still needs some attention. I couldn't list the mods because I'm not entirely sure what is standard and what isn't. I dig out my pics of it then maybe you guys (and not forgetting girls) can tell me.

Hello and Welcome!!!

Firstly to find out what mods your car may or may not have we need to find out what you've got.

There are a few types i.e - Is it a twin turbo or N/A? Jap or UK car? Auto or Manual? Short wheel base (2 seats) or Long wheel base (2+2 seats).

Ok its a 1992 , jap TT model in manual. It has got a body kit on it and bonnet vent. dump valves air filter, and big ( and I mean enourmous) exhaust ( damn thing sounds so loud your ears ring when you turn it off). I don't care I'm going deaf I just grin like an idiot whenever I start it. Someone has done the interior in two tone leather. Needs a serious clean though and drivers seat is starting to look shabby. A boost meter has been installed but who over did must have been smoking crack because it just looks retarded, not a nice installation.

Here is some pics of the car. The ones on the side of the road are before I took it to Zed World. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to drive to Tamworth from Stanstead having to stop at every services on the way to let the engine cool down. The PTU had gone and the air flow meter was knackered as well. I finally arrived in Tamworth but 2 hours after the garage had closed so had to find a hotel for the night. Didn't realise until the next day that in my infinite wisdom as read somewhere on the net that re-siting the PTU can help. So I did that and the fan promptly chewed through half the cables. it still drove on 3 cylinders though. Says a lot for these cars.

Thanks for all the comments although I'm looking at everyone elses and thinkging "GOD they must have spent thousands getting theirs to look so good."

I have to say some of your cars are truly beautiful. (And I'm not saying that because I'm drunk....although I am!)

I was lucky I picked what I think is an amazing car for a stupid price. ( I will never admit what I paid for it but it wasn't much. Expecially considering the history I have for it.) I just want to make it better.

Here are some higher quality pics for your perusal. Hope they measure up.