TonyB?? Green ZX in Shell garage......

I saw a nice green ZX in the Shell garage on the A413 near Great Missenden this morning.

It may be TonyB as it looked remarkably like the one I saw in Sainsburys, Aylesbury back in September.......

Richard :smw:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Richard

Yes that was me....

Only just started using that garage, didn't know it was down the road from where I'm staying !

I'm working in Aylesbury for the foreseeable future and usually eat at the Firecrest... If I'm there it'll be in the car park

Where were you when I was at the Petrol Sataion, In your Zed and I missed it or another car ?

Tony

Hi Tony,

The car in front of me was turning right into the garage, so I had to wait behind him. I just glanced over and saw your car! I was in my SLK though, not the ZX.

I regularly use that garage myself as I live 2 miles up the road in Prestwood. You must be staying pretty close so I'll keep a look out for you, as I sometimes use the Firecrest. If you like good beef/steaks then I'd recommend the Nags Head on the Old London Road......

Richard

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Hi Richard,

You should have pulled in !

Where is the old London Road ? ................Tony

I did think about it but I had to get home to avoid an accident!! ;)

The Old London Road runs parallel with the A413 and into Great Missenden High Street.

From the Shell garage, go under the railway bridge towards Aylesbury, then turn left by The Chiltern Private Hospital (SP Little Missenden and Kingshill); go past the hospital on your left then about 300 yards in front you'll see a left hand turning. The Nag's Head is on that corner, go just past the turning, without taking it, then turn left into their car park.

Where abouts are you staying?

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the directions

I'm staying in the first house on the left hand side after the Firecrest as you go towards Aylesbury

Tony

No wonder you go to the Firecrest - walking distance......well just!

I'll keep an eye out for you!

Richard :smw:

Hi Richard

Won't have the zed back until Mon Night earliest.... It's the Nissan Main Dealers in Coventry. Water pump went and Zedworld couldn't take it in 'cos they were full.

Nissan took all the cowling and cam covers off to find the problem and then said they might have to source a pump from Japan !

Phoned Zedworld and they got one and sent it to Nissan together with a Cam belt and the two front of block pipes.

So it should all be sorted on Monday

Bit of a bummer though

Tony £370 to Nissan and £150 ish to Zedworld....

They're fine when they're working....

Tony

Hi Tony,

That's a bummer.......still at least you will be back in the road fairly swiftly.

I was out in mine this morning - I had a nice little "work-out" on the M40 ;)

When I don't drive it for a week or two, I forget just how good the car is. If it stays fine this week, I must try to use it a bit more.

Hope yours is fixed soon mate.

Richard