ztech reborn???

all the best to the new owners , from my point of view i would change the name if possible , i know your the new proud owner and all ,,

and congrats to you im sure you will do well but the word was definatley out on old ztech! so start a fresh !

my 2p worth !

agreed change name you're carrying a dirty flag otherwise especially having new premises and all call it chriZ :D

Welcome Chris

I think your new premisis is alot easier to get to now with all being closer to a419,a420 and M4

I poped in to see ya guys a while back to see if you had any jobs but you didnt but i was amazed to see so many nice Zeds

Good Luck with Ztech and as soon as i got my zed ill be in there all the time as you only 2 miles from mine now

Let me first say welcome to you and your staff ,chris. I used ztech when Ryan and Geg were there and had(have) nothing bad to say regarding all the mechanical work they carried out on my Zed.I am absoutely delighted that now there is another alternative other than my local NISSAN garage :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Chaz

P.S

If you ever think of moving again ----howsabout lovely portsmouth we have loadza Zeds down here :nana2: :nana2:

• 1 month later...

I took my 300 to Ztech before xmas to have the cambelt changed, they also changed the spark plugs. The car was running fine before hand. When i got the car back it was running rough and lacking alot of power! they told me that this was due to the wiring harness being old and rotten and its a common fault. They told me that the whole wiring loom will need to be replaceed. I dont know much about 300s thats why i took it to them. From experience can any tell me if this sounds right? as i want to get my car fixed asap! If so i will take it back to them. Thank you.

I took my 300 to Ztech before xmas to have the cambelt changed, they also changed the spark plugs. The car was running fine before hand. When i got the car back it was running rough and lacking alot of power! they told me that this was due to the wiring harness being old and rotten and its a common fault. They told me that the whole wiring loom will need to be replaceed. I dont know much about 300s thats why i took it to them. From experience can any tell me if this sounds right? as i want to get my car fixed asap! If so i will take it back to them. Thank you.
Has the problem been properly diagnosed, or is that just an educated guess?

Guest andyduff

Yes it COULD be true BUT you don't need a new loom, just new connectors - big difference in costs ;)

The coilpack connectors rarely suffer from corrosion though. More likely the PTU connectors just need a good clean and each terminal tightening up a bit (they are disturbed when removing the drivers side cambelt cover and rarely make perfect contact afterwards)...

Yes it COULD be true BUT you don't need a new loom, just new connectors - big difference in costs ;)

The coilpack connectors rarely suffer from corrosion though. More likely the PTU connectors just need a good clean and each terminal tightening up a bit (they are disturbed when removing the drivers side cambelt cover and rarely make perfect contact afterwards)...

Good advice!!, as always :D

There is a strange electrical sound coming from what sounds like one of the injectors. Also on idle the boost gauge the needle reads upto the first bar. where as before it was on zero.

When driving the car it stutters at low revs. It lacks power through out the rev range.

It does sound like a wiring fault, im sure they are right i would just like a second opionion.

Thats what i thought didnt think they could break by changing the plugs. the conectors to the injectors were corroded with green crap, i have filed them, still not running right. i havent checked the ptu connectors yet, i will try that see if it makes any difference Thanks. The injector connections dont look in the best of condition however this did not effect it before. Any ideas what could be causing a reading of boost on idle?

Guest andyduff

Boost gauge - the piping is connected wrongly. Find another Z locally to compare all the small piping on the drivers side toward the bulkhead....