I'm amazed.....

Guest andyduff

Guest andyduff

There's been quite a few posts on here recently from members saying they aint gonna resubscribe unless things are sorted out with this place... While we do have some issues, they surely aren't big enough to warrant not resubscribing? Threatening to leave isn't going to make things get any better - if interest dwindles from the members (who are what makes this place what it is) then thats even less motivation for anyone to get anything done, surely?

Not wanting any wars, just an observation really and I honestly can't understand what the major problem is?

Cheers,

Andy

There's been quite a few posts on here recently from members saying they aint gonna resubscribe unless things are sorted out with this place... While we do have some issues, they surely aren't big enough to warrant not resubscribing? Threatening to leave isn't going to make things get any better - if interest dwindles from the members (who are what makes this place what it is) then thats even less motivation for anyone to get anything done, surely?

Not wanting any wars, just an observation really and I honestly can't understand what the major problem is?

Cheers,

Andy

and you would be amazed how many keep coming back for a secret peep after saying there spewing it,why people get so anul over a car club i dont know :confused:

There is a hell of alot being planned and disscussed at present by the committee, to bring the forum software up to date, and to address sellers and traders etc. but like Andy says, why say " I aint subscribing because this forum isnt what it was!....so tell us then, what exactly do you expect for £15 per year??? it costs me more than that for a chinese ffs. :nono: :slap:

Guest andyduff

This place ISN'T what it was in the past, there's no doubt about that! However if it had stayed the same people would have got bored and moved on. Things change with time at the end of the day, no one can stop that.

This year has been terrible for meets etc mainly due to a lack of interest because of the bloody weather. Hopefully next year will be better (Z008 @ billing 9th-11th May to kick it all off ;) ) and we can all go back to being a car club rather than just another internet forum.... :)

i like this place and lets face it if i didnt spend time on here what would i be doing on the internet.....surfing dodgy german websites probably so in fact this club is saving my soul

if people think there is something wrong with this forum they should say so after all if you dont say you dont get

Guest andyduff
There is a hell of alot being planned and disscussed at present by the committee.....

Maybe an idea to regularly update members of what's being planned/discussed and progress made etc?

Well I must say the end of the year is just finishing off whats been a bad year all around I think, now I'm not one of the old timers like the Funkster or the Duffer but when I did join I couldn't believe what a cool place this was.

I think the format of the forum is nice and easy to use and the peeps here are just about as daft as me so I fitted in just fine.

You know I still might resubscribe even when I'm in Aus ;)

the site is what it is, fookin great, what amazes me is the amount of newbies that post up and strt complaining and start ranting that things should change just so it suits them, i willl like the forum whichever direction it takes, i love this place, i lets me forget about all the shite i have in a working day lol

Gotta remember one thing - compared to other car forums this place really does stand out from the croud!!!

Well It used to?

I dont agree about it "Only Being a Car Club" though Bri. After a couple of years it became more than that to me. I havent seen anything what Andy started the thread about? I aint been around as much though so thats probably why. BUT! The place has gone down hill over the last year. Too much intervention by the committee. It has been run almost like a military organisation. If you make too many rules it becomes so much easier to break them. AND with the constant threat of being banned for speaking your mind are you really supprised? Some people have taken the place over and at every turn members have protested about not having a say and being able to choose the committee. Myself being one of them. These have been ignored and therefore the result is this subject.

Thats my answer to the question. But as you all know i am not one to keep my mouth shut or as the facts are.....fingers still? I say it as i see it and thats exactly how I see it. Now I wonder how that will go down? I too dont think I will re-subscribe here unless things change. Simple as that. If thats the feeling among the members then there must be something wrong? So there you have it. An explanation from a fairly long term fully paid member.

You asked. But I'll get me coat anyway?

andy - all your recent posts are mking sense bud - are you getting sensible in your old age :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i know i'm not as old timer as you but the forum has always gone though its phases - this is just another - it will sort itself out - ditto on better weather next year though, i think me and mac are supposed to be going head to head down the pod

regards,

alex

Guest andyduff

Vini, everyone's opinion is valid! I'm starting to think that the members ARE listened to but there's no communication back to say what is being done about it. If everyone could put their suggestions forward without it turning into a slanging match then we'd get further a lot faster!

CJ, yeah its time I grew up LOL. I don't think its going through one of its phases really, you'll know about it when it does LOL :D I think a few people are just getting a little disgruntled by things being promissed and seemingly not happening. If there was some transparency from the committee then IMO this wouldn't happen....

Vini, everyone's opinion is valid! I'm starting to think that the members ARE listened to but there's no communication back to say what is being done about it. If everyone could put their suggestions forward without it turning into a slanging match then we'd get further a lot faster!

CJ, yeah its time I grew up LOL. I don't think its going through one of its phases really, you'll know about it when it does LOL :D I think a few people are just getting a little disgruntled by things being promissed and seemingly not happening. If there was some transparency from the committee then IMO this wouldn't happen....

Andy, why dont you PM MAC and put your name forward for the committee, and what you feel you could do for the club. put ya money when your mouth is mate. ;) :D

Guest andyduff
Andy, why dont you PM MAC and put your name forward for the committee, and what you feel you culd do for the club. put ya money when your mouth is mate. ;) :D

Well we discussed this at the AGMish :) Is he about?