Gearbox earth

I've almost finished fitting the engine in, just oil/water to do and...

The gearbox earth, is it bolted on with one of the top bolts that join the engine and gearbox or does it go somewhere else?

Also I have one hose I can't find a home for. The small hose that goes from the lower part of the rad (lhs) to a pipe on the rhs below the alternator, at that point there is another pipe next to it which the hose that comes off it is about 18ins long with a '?' piece at the end, not sure where it goes?

Any help appreciated, once these are done I can try and start her

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Earth attaches to one of the top gearbox bolts. Thanks!!

Not sure which hose your describing

Just below the alternator there are two metal pipes next to each other about 10mm. The hose off one goes to the rad just above the main bottom rad hose. The other one is the mystery but think it is oil return from somewhere??

Just below the alternator there are two metal pipes next to each other about 10mm. The hose off one goes to the rad just above the main bottom rad hose. The other one is the mystery but think it is oil return from somewhere??

They both go to the oil cooler in the rad. One is at the bottom of the LH side, the other is 3/4 of the way up.

Hi mate, just looked, the one 3/4 is already done and about 8-10mm and doesn't come from the same place. It also is carrying oil not water?

Both the pipes are oil cooler pipes and goto the oil cooler which is built into the Radiator.

Sounds like you may have an additional oil cooler fitted inline, , check under the nose panel for an oil cooler with pipe not connected.