Good Quality socket set

Halfords Professional tools are the same as Snappon, but only a fraction of the price. I have a 3/8 drive snappon set from my biker days and a large full 1/4 to 3/4 drive Halfords Pro set.

Exactly the same. + Halfords do some good deals on tools for Christmas and it's not often you can say Halfords doing deals.

I've got that one and it's spot on.Haven't done a job on the Zed that this set doesn't fit.A mechanic got me on to them.He normally bought Snap on but if he couldn't afford it he'd buy Halfrauds pro range. :D

Great Value that. I got the next one up with the 4 ratchet sizes. I've given it some serious stick and it's never complained or broken. I've broken draper,teng and Autokraft ratchets and deep sockets, but the Halfords pro has held up so far.

Snap on is seriously overpriced, MAC tools are similar quality at a better price.

TBH for the best price to quality i would go for Facom, excellent value for money IMO

Have to agree with the Facom they are very good, the screwdrivers are the best I have ever used, the spanners are pretty good too.

Spanners are Mac, unsurpassed in my opinion their only downfall being they are a little uncomfortable at times.

Plyers and cutters have to be Knipex, they are the worlds best and Snap on bought them out for that reason.

Sockets and rachets have to be Snap On I'm sorry to say they are the best.

I use my tools 7 days a week and have tried the cheaper ones and have the scares to prove it, you do get what you pay for in some respects and you can pay less and still get good tools, but cheap is cheap and no mistake.

I haven't seen the Halfords pro range but I can say with 99% certainty that they are not Snap On, Snap On only sell through their dealers and nobody else. If you don't want to or can't afford to spend on Snap On then they do a cheaper tool now called the Euro tool, not as shiney but the same strenth.

Oh and Mac are owned by Stanley so are not bad at makeing tools at all.

Guest andyduff

Snap-on overpriced and not as high quality as they'd have you believe

Teng excellent

Facom excellent

Mac excellent

Britool excellent - superb combination spanners!!!

Halfords not bad

Depending on how much you're going to use them the Halfords ones are probably the best bet - good selection of tools for not a lot of money :)

Halfords Pro. Ive been well impressed with them and thrown some real abuse at them and theyve done very well.

I got them for £99 on the offer they were doing, i think they may well being doing the same offer for christmas. I know theyre not the BEST tools in the world, but im not the Best mechanic in the world, so theyll do me just fine!

Snap-on overpriced and not as high quality as they'd have you believe

Teng excellent

Facom excellent

Mac excellent

Britool excellent - superb combination spanners!!!

Halfords not bad

Depending on how much you're going to use them the Halfords ones are probably the best bet - good selection of tools for not a lot of money :)

Its not by chance virtually every garage will have a snap on dealer call regular and it aint down to poor quality ;) .Snap on are by far the best and may be pricey but once you get a rapport with your dealer you wont get asked for proof of purchase like halfords should you get a problem.Teng are good tools for what they cost and will go the distance.Mac tools are good quality but the spanners have square sided handles which are uncomfortable when cracking off tight bolts.Facom are crazy expensive and are quite basic.I worked for Renault Trucks for seven years and their training college used Facom tools as they are made in France .Britool are dogs**t,boot tool kit material.the chrome peels and the open end jaws spread,the ratchets fail and will kill your knuckles.I bought a lot of Britool stuff when i was younger and soon replaced it.At the end of the day its all down to how regular you intend on using your tools and for what.You get what you pay for the same as anything else.