Long drive tonight

Got to nurse my Zed from Glasgow down to Z Tech in Swindon tonight! Leaving at 2am so as to arrive first thing and then its a bus to Heathrow and a flight back up north at 1300!

Its another journey that i really could do without but after not having my zed for 12 months and then once i get it back being told not to drive it for fear of it going bang! it is an essential journey.

I know! I will be taking it VERY easy. Getting it down there by any other way just isnt an option.

It is frustrating that in the 7 years i have had the Z i had virtually no problems but in the past few months i have had 7 years worth put together!

Got my green flag incase it all goes pear shaped!

I used to drive from London to Glasgow in the Z about 4 or 5 times a year and it used to be good fun when the z was running fine. I suspect this wont be enjoyable though. Nothing worse than driving a car when you know it isnt running well, constantly worrying about any little noise.

Got my green flag incase it all goes pear shaped!

I used to drive from London to Glasgow in the Z about 4 or 5 times a year and it used to be good fun when the z was running fine. I suspect this wont be enjoyable though. Nothing worse than driving a car when you know it isnt running well, constantly worrying about any little noise.

Why Ztech? Surely the Duff man could have come to you. Or You could have gone to C & S Wood and save yourself 180miles

Left last night at about 10pm and only made it as far as Manchester before the worst vibration ever started! Pulled over and checked wheel nuts etc before having to get the recovery company out. It honestly felt like i was driving a washing machine on full spin and the noise was deafening!

The recovery guy thinks that it could be the diff or rear driveshafts. Both rear wheels felt like they were loose and you could move them about 2 inches easily just by putting your hands around the wheel. Not Good.

So here i am in Heathrow 14 hours later waiting for my flight at 1300!

Only good thing was i got to meet Chris, the new owner of Z Tech, who is a really nice guy who owns a nice Z and is genuinely enthusiastic about the cars. Will find out the extent of the problems next week. Next stop the bank manager!!!

I have an aquaintence with a very high powered (ergo expensive to run) skyline, most of the work carried out on it happens down south. Its cheaper for him to have his breakdown cover then say its dead outside his house they come and collect it, put a sticker of "not to be started" on the windscreen and it gets ferried down south dropped of and the same happens to get it home...

From memory he has to pay a little extra but one trip saves him half as much again fuel i believe!

I was only at the garage for about 20mins before i had to catch a bus! There were 3 Zeds, 1 Yellow cant remember the other 2 as i was fighting to stay awake! Chris ran me to the station in his Z which has only just been run in and he hasnt turned the boost up yet and it is very quick!!!

• 3 weeks later...