TOP SPEED

Guest oversteer??

Guest oversteer??

after posting in wrong forum!!sorry, just wondered i've got a uk spec 93reg tt 2+2 while on my private test track(M18 jct1 to jct2!! sorry officer)i can hit an indicated 175 @around 6500-6700rpm not quite flat out but close (slight down hill )and 165 on the return journey(slight uphill) is this normal because i thought these were speed limited to 155mph(i believe its just one wire to cut!?)but the day after took to rolling road and it's only...wait for it producing 5 yea 5 psi boost (although mr nissan's boost gauge would like me to believe it's more like 14psi)sticking wastgate now rectified and on 12.5psi wi no pinking,so question is was does yours do mister(missy)is this the norm if so no wonder why everyone i see driving one of these smiles alot!! any feed back would be good because i've had to wait 12yrs till i could aford one of these and running cost etc WHAT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S and it s**ts all over my mates scooby 99mod 240bhp from lights flat out anywhere except really tight and twistys but even then its only a couple of car lenths away not totally out of the picture!!!scooby drivers be afraid BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes. If its a UK car, restriction is 155mph, only by electronic limiter. Jap cars are restricted to 112mph.

Cars that are chipped usuall have the rev and speed limiter taken off too. Stock boost is 9PSI, so if you age getting over that, it is most probably chipped.

Stuart

NO YA WRONG!

on my car before it was modded i done 165+ on two engines

the 2nd or was it 3rd engine was brand new engine and it done 165(maybe my speedo is out by ten mph)

on my 1st engine tho with no mods ,totally standard,it done 165 and would of done at least 175,if id had chance.

jay

I think the speedo is out. They get very very bad after 70mph. Driving at 80mph on the speedo and a GPS thing I have, said 74mph.

Got to nearly 100mph on Speedo and the GPS said 90.

Strange because our Sierra estate's speedo is bang on up to about 90.

Stuart

Originally posted by jaylox:

NO YA WRONG!

on my car before it was modded i done 165+ on two engines

the 2nd or was it 3rd engine was brand new engine and it done 165(maybe my speedo is out by ten mph)

on my 1st engine tho with no mods ,totally standard,it done 165 and would of done at least 175,if id had chance.

jay

J I AM NOT WRONG the only way a UK car will pull past 155 is if it was chiped.There is a 155 limiter in the ECU FACT!

YOU ARE WRONG 100%

------------------

maxpower2.jpg