Misfire! ideas please

Hi all

OK swapped the loom for a new one and have replaced the IACV. But I have been left with a misfire. All injectors are connected and I cant find any problems with hoses etc. Do you think it could be that the sensor on attached to the hose on off the IACV is stuffed? There was oil in my air pipes so this will no be in the sensor Im guessing. Would this cause a misfire?

Thanks for any help Ill try your ideas on Saturday and see how we go.

After Andy's checks.

With the ignition on but engine not running unbolt the CAS and turn slowly by hand you should be able to hear a click from each of the injectors. make sure that they are all getting thier signal. If they are then it's not your injectors.

test each plug one at a time buy pulling it out, connecting to it's coil pack and earthing out on the plenum, then crank the engine.

After Andy's checks.

With the ignition on but engine not running unbolt the CAS and turn slowly by hand you should be able to hear a click from each of the injectors. make sure that they are all getting thier signal. If they are then it's not your injectors.

You can also do this by when the engine is running, place the tip if a longish screwdriver on top of the injector with the end held to your ear, you should hear it clicking. Do it to each one in turn, no click means injector not functioning, check connector / wiring first, if still not working, using a spare injector connector and a 9V battery, put power to the injector and then listen for the click. still no click usually means injector has failed.

Guest andyduff
After Andy's checks.

You can also do this by when the engine is running, place the tip if a longish screwdriver on top of the injector with the end held to your ear, you should hear it clicking. Do it to each one in turn, no click means injector not functioning, check connector / wiring first, if still not working, using a spare injector connector and a 9V battery, put power to the injector and then listen for the click. still no click usually means injector has failed.

While that method does work, its often very difficult to hear the injector clicking above the background noise of the cams etc...

Hey all

spoke to zed world they said clean up the temp sensor connectors first so I did this. cleaned up put it back and now it turns over but wont start! I took the CAS off and gave it a turn and II heard the injectors prime? sort of like a mechanical squirting noise Im guessing that means its working. Doesnt do anything more than that. Im starting to loose my mind! First a mis fire now it wont start!

Thanks Andy

Spent the day putting the dash and everything back together The CAS and PTU are originals and the inside of the CAS was pretty corroded so Ive ordered some new ones from the states. Ill stick the new ones on and then take it from there have bought all new temp sensors as well for good measure. IT WILL BLOODY WORK!!! IT WILL!!!