Who uses Firebond insurance?

Guest Clair

Guest Clair

A while ago someone here said they got cheap insurance from Firebond. Said they got Classic car insurance on the Z.

I just went online for a Quote

£2366.74!!!

What's going on? frown.gif

I told them I only did a maximum of 5000 miles a year. 6 years no claims, but came clean about two incidents that weren't my fault(my car was parked at the time) and didn't lose my no claims.

------------------

baby_or_budha.jpg

Guest charlie

I have insurance with them,limited miles,no no claims and it costs me £290.Insurance tossers need hanging, to me they are in the same hate band as the police,and thats hate.Chas

Guest Clair

How did you do it?

When the price came up I didn't know if I should laugh or cry!

I'm paying £1100 at the moment but did manage to find quotes for about £800-£900 with Elephant and Diamond.

Insurance Sucks.

------------------

kitty-tale.jpg

Try A-Plan. Insurance companies where grimising when they got my insurance down to £970. Said they where not making a profit on it any more. (BOLLOCKS)

I phoned A-Plan and when asked about my cheapest quote, he words where like

"£970, oooo. Don't think we can get it that cheap. Oooo. £912."

That with Mods declaired. He siad its not work having the Exhaust on it is. They are more bothered about new turbos, chips etc.

Try them

www.a-plan.co.uk

Mention that you got thier number off this forum.

Stuart.

Guest Clair

Just tried A-Plan...

£1900!!!

Maybe I should stop telling them about the claims.

It don't make sence, They hit my car while it was parked, it was their fault, their insurance pays the damage but my insurance doubles!!!

Anyone else had this?

------------------

pint_of_pussy.bmp

Firebond will not insure a 1990-1992 Japanese import under a classic car policy.

My import Z was insured by them a over a year ago, I had a accident, they got the chassis No from repairer and refused my claim. If you have an import insured under a Firebond classic policy, check your policy has the box marked "import" unchecked. As they never asked me at the time I took out the policy so they assumed it was a UK model.

But if you have a 1990-1992 UK Z32 then you can get a classic limited mileage policy from Firebond from approx £400-£500.

If you have an import then another place to try would be the Insurance Factory 0870 2006 006 as mentioned in other posts.

------------------

Trev

1990 300ZX TT 2+2(import)

http://www.300zx.co.uk/rides/trey/

nope mine is an import and i have looked at the papers and it is covered. Mine is import and i have specified to them ect.

They did stop doing jap imports no?

Guest Clair

Just went back to Firebond. Tried again:

Clicked CARS

Clicked CLASSIC CARS

started quote.

There wasn't anything anywhere where they asked about Imports. When I selected what car I had they were calling it a FairladyZ, I thought only the Imports were Fairladys.

I may be wrong though, it happens sometimes, not often though wink.gif

Anyway, same price again, £2366.74!

More than double what I'm paying now with Norwich Union. I hope they don't think now I've made two claims(need to stress again NOT MY FAULT, I WAS PARKED) that they can double my premium next year, it runs out next month frown.gif

------------------

pint_of_pussy.bmp

Guest senna

Clair, have you got another car you use as a main driver - if so call Gareth (Insurance Factory) and insure you zed as a second car and on a classic policy, they do imports and are fair with mods.

Speak to Gareth (do a search for the number).

I pay £400 with loads of mods declared and zero NCD.

HTH

Glen

Guest rob29

I hav my dad as the first person on the policy he's 66 I'm on as a second driver 29 we pay bout £650 no mods fully comp. Thats with CIS.

Next year gunna try Saga (old bid insurance) should be well cheap

hope this helps

rob b

Guest Timmy_Turbo

Clair what year is your Z?

Firebond don't do imports anymore, Warren was one of the few lucky people to get in with them ages ago. They took on so many imports then stopped!

For a good deal out of Firebomb your car needs to be ten years or older for Classic. My advice Clair is ring them up, the online quote system isn't that accurate. Especially if you have more detail to give them. I declared my mods including my recent full bodykit and it is still under 400 squids! wink.gif

------------------

sig.gif

lions.jpg

Guest Clair

The Car is a 1990 TT, No mods frown.gif

I do need to sell the car but insurance runs out on 10th July so if it aint sold I'll need to renew. Thanks for the tips everyone smile.gif

Now if you want to help me a bit more.....

PLEASE BUY HER biggrin.gif

------------------

sleepyhorse.jpg

Guest Dylan

Just to piss you guys off - I got a renewal quote for my Westfield last week (modded 2 litre Lancia twin cam, 3000 miles, 3rd party F+T, with legal assistance) and it was only £99. I rang to inform them of the accident in my other car (last July, technically my fault, £700 damage to each car) and they said "oh, that's all right, its only 1 accident so it won't make any difference to your renewal quote"

£99 for a modded 2 litre car that's lighter than a mini smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

------------------

dylan.jpg

There are quite a few insurance companies/brokers who will cover Zed's. However, due to their absurdly complex ratings system it's impossible to generalise about which will give good cover/cost so you end up ringing dozens of them. Good ones mentioned so far are :- Admiral, Adrian Flux, Insurance Factory, Tesco and here are loads more :-

http://www.300zx.org.uk/insurance.htm

------------------

wsig1.gif Z32 technical article index

Guest Jeff TT

Mmm Firebond been a bit selective I think,

I took out a policy last year (13 months ago)

and declared it was an import and also they sent me a second declaration sheet for mileage and if import or not, circled the yes to import with a fat red pen!!. paid £290 ish fully comp 6000 miles protected bonus, when due for renewal a month ago was expecting the "We do not insure imports anymore" bit but no got a new quote for £270 and same deal. rang them and said that it was an import and is the quote correc? they confirmed as I was an existing customer and provided there was continuation of cover they would do it! to say I said ok quickly is an understatment!!

Working out insurance companies and their rules etc is a minefield often depends on how switched on the operator is that you speak too I think.

Jeff TT

Well

Mine is a 91 UK manual TT and I have never had my own policy but when Firebond said £371 with 6K mile limit and NO No-Claims, I snapped their hand off...And its only another £65 to upgrade to a 10K mile limit, payable whenever.

However, it does help your policy if you have another car to drive and park the Z off road.

£371 for a car with nearly 300BHP driven by someone with no No-Claims is rediculous but I'm not complaining.

Guest senna

I agree Jeff and Cos,

Speaking to Gareth I said that i wanted to add a boost controller and ECU upgrade and how much would said wonders of modern enhancement cost me extra?

He said he would call me back Monday, reason? he said that if he spoke to the insurance co today they would probably charge me and extra grand or something ridiculous.

Called back after he had spoken his man at insurance co - result - no prob £39 extra.

Some brokers are spot on.

smile.gif

------------------

senna-sig.jpg

->Glen

Guest Falkirkfan2002

I tried Insurance factory (quoting forum and speaking to Gareth), about 1900 GBP. So I stayed with Citroen at 938 GBP.

Whilst in a traffic jam, I noticed an AXA advert on the back of a bus, so I gave them a call. They quoted 800 GBP (telling the truth). But they don't do imports because they are too powerfull!!!! Bullshit! This was after the chap telling me what he didn't see the point of having an induction kit if it only increased the car by 30 BHP, the import is only 20 BHP more!!

They sit in their offices with a lucky 8 ball, asking what they will charge the next caller?

Hi Claire,

I spoke to Gareth at insurance factory and he said my import convertible, living in the middle of London, with 0 NCB and 9k worths of claims last year, Twin turbo'd to 500bhp would cost 725 to insure!!

Make sure it is your second car with limited mileage!

Mark