Nos

Guest MCZX

Nos is regularly referred to on of the the most cost effective power upgrades for the car, wondered why there aren't more on here using the stuff.

I am seriously looking at a wet system for mine, and was hoping for a bit of advice - not so much on why its good but why I shouldn't fit it.

mark

NOS. Or Naws, as it is called in The Fast And The Furious, biggrin.gif is probably the most cost effective mod to install. You can get a huge increase of power for relativly little money.

However, just installing NOS on an engine is asking for trouble. Most engines will not be able to take the power increase without strengthening the internals. It also shoots up you insurance and its not the type of thing that is easy to hide.

Stuart

Stuart

Thanks for the comments

The insurance issue is the killer, and will either stop me doing it or make me drive very carefully - if you know what I mean.

Think of a 75 - 100 shot just to help deal with lag.

Only do about 60 miles a week so was hoping just to use it when the impact would be greatest.

Going for the wet system to ensure that fuelling isn't an issue, however how the system is set up to get the right fuel and nos makes me a bit nervous.

Mark

I have NOS on two of my previous cars and both of them have blown up for various reasons relating to lack of fuel.

plus its not the type of thing you will be able to use all the time. It works a treat though and JWT have a programme that allows the NOS to spool you up and when your blowers hit a certain boost it will switch the gas of for you.

Guest charis300zx

Try Venom Nos systems there more expensive than the others but much more safer.Also when you know when and how often you used it is ok for some time.the different between other mods is that the internal damage is much quicker.i have a friend which is installing one for a drag race on friday plus he is going to put afcas for fuel which is fuel for planes

Guest Steve.r

i have a friend which is installing one for a drag race on friday plus he is going to put afcas for fuel which is fuel for planes

The automatic flight control and augmentation system (AFCAS) provides the functions of autopilot, flight director, autothrottle, thrust rating computation, altitude alert and stability augmentation.

A bit drastic for a drag race biggrin.gif

I think you ment Avgas....he says smuggly wink.gif

------------------

sig.gif

Avgas is not always a very good fuel to run on petrol engines as you have a chance of causing vapour lock and this can cause engine failure because of the wrong air fuel mixture. As aviation octane ratinngs are measured in a different value to automotive octane ratings.

Yawn -

I will say it again - Altho i can't be arse going into proving it - You run NOS on a TT over here for anything but Anti LAG you will either alway Dett really badly OR you will just blow the engine one day !

To run NOS you need to have a refectly tuned fuel system and a 100% reliable delivery and mixture system !

Please listen to me NOS + TT = 4K rebuild !

Using it on a TT with 60K + miles on original engine - original Fuel pump, damper , regulator , Fuel lines manifold Etc is simple going to end up in a big blue bang !

Spend your money on tuning the car propely for a chosen application - if you want HP in a box for 400 quid then sell you Z and buy a Civic and a bigass bottle of NOS - you may just about keep up with a TT then.

------------------

Z ya

Nico91TT

smlerZlogo.jpg

God is coming ...and he dont have stock turbos . . .

Nico

Sorry to inflict yawns on ya

Take it that Nos is a big no no then.

Was rather looking forward to the extra kick but there ya go.

The value of this site and its members comes in many forms - being stopped from blowing your enine up is just one of them.

Cheers

Mark